Type 2 Foot Problem - Advice Needed

chrianne50

I have had badly cracked skin between 2 of my toes for almost 2 weeks. I’ve tried everything I know to try to get it to heal but it is just getting worse. Should I be concerned about this? I’m not sure if I should try to see my doctor. I’m type2 on Metformin. My diabetes hasn’t been checked since 2019 due to COVID.

Ronancastled

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Greetings.
Might have nothing to do with T2.
First call: Pharmacist
Sencond: GP
Third: Podiatrist

You say your diabetes hasn't been checked for over a year.
Are you not using your own glucometer ?
Don't tell me your were advised not to check by your GP or nurse.

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
forum bugs
I have had badly cracked skin between 2 of my toes for almost 2 weeks. I’ve tried everything I know to try to get it to heal but it is just getting worse. Should I be concerned about this? I’m not sure if I should try to see my doctor. I’m type2 on Metformin. My diabetes hasn’t been checked since 2019 due to COVID.

I agree with @Ronancastled , the pharmacist is usually the first port of call on this. (I assume that if it's athlete's foot you've been through the anti-fungal treatments.) Pharmacists are normally pretty good at telling you if you need to see a GP, particularly if you point out you are diabetic.

If covid restrictions mean that a pharmacist hasn't been able to advise or look at your foot then I'd definitely try the GP.

Good luck.

VashtiB

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I agree with the previous posters but like @Ronancastled wanted to know if you have your own meter and test. If not I highly recommend that you get one. High blood sugars can be serious and if you don't have a meter you have no idea what your levels are.

Good luck with your foot.