1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Foot problems

Discussion in 'Diabetes Complications' started by Mal78, Jul 3, 2019.

1. Mal78

Mal78 · Newbie

I have just found a hole in the sole of my foot where it looks like a wart/vertical may have been, it looks pretty clean, my question is, is this dangerous if it’s clean or should I still go get it checked

• Like Like x 1
  2. Resurgam

Resurgam Type 2 (in remission!) · Expert

Can you give some information about your type of diabetes, medication and control of blood glucose - but if you begin to feel discomfort around that part of your foot, if it looks red or feels warmer than the other it is probably wise to get it checked diabetic or not - it is the extra risk that is impossible to assess.

3. Mal78

Mal78 · Newbie

I’m type 1 and use novorapid and lantus, control has been extremely poor for about a year until recently, I’ve also noticed numbness/tingling in a couple of toes and a dry itchy patch on one foot which is giving me concern also

• Like Like x 1
  4. dmckatana

dmckatana · Member

@Mal78 did you go see the Dr about your foot problems?

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook