football tournaments with pump

ams162

Type of diabetes
Type 1
well its the start of the football tournaments tomorrow and the first time we have done the tournaments with a pump, we have done some matches tho but the tournaments last all day and am wondering the best way to deal with it esp with the hot weather we have had today.

now sometimes he might have 2 matches together then be sat waiting an hour or so for the next so its hard to keep on top of but also all the kids eat all day and im sure dylan will want to do the same so im packing a lunch to take. has anyone any advice that might be useful i think i will run a reduced basal and the do corrections if necessary does that sound like a good idea or not??

any help appreciated thanks

anna marie

josie38

Hi,

I think you idea is a good one but try and do a reduced basal in 10% increments. Being as it your 1st one with the pump just keep testing him and keeping an eye on it.

i know its not the same but the advice i got to go swimming was to detach for an hour, check bs, reattach and bolus what was missed in the hour and then detach for an hour and do same again.

I'm sorry if it is not helpful..........good luck for football tournament!!!

Josie

ebony321

Dislikes
Tomatoes, Rude people, Bees!
Hi,

too late to advise now :)

just wondering how it went, diabetes wise and also results too! :)