Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
This is an info message
Lot No S0313438
Control Range 5.5-8.0

Got some new strips for my SD code free and all my numbers have risen quite substantially. Has taken me a while to track it down to the new pack which seems to have a different control range. Have now tested against a new pack as well as a different meter and the current strips are measuring 0.5mmol higher at the lower end (around 4.5-8.0 - can't tell outside this range that as I dont see those numbers any more)

Reactions: 3 people

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I think I may love you !!!!

OK. OK. And, breathe...................

I was beginning to wonder if I was losing it a bit, as my numbers had smidged up, just a touch. I started a new pot of strips (same batch as yours) as few days ago, and that would align nicely.

To be fair, it had shifted my 7 day average up by 0.2, but I was having numbers like 4.4 before eating, and although still not rising much after, I was wondering if my 3s were on their way out.

Of course, none of this is helped by my relocation and slightly amended diet, due to solo cooking/eating, and different foodstuffs being available.

Last edited by a moderator:

Loobles

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who interrupt you when you're talking and people who won't listen.
Better check mine...

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Mine were delivered about 10 days ago. (Just the 250 of them.)

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
So how can you trust any of them?

Loobles

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Funny cos I checked against my freestyle lite and I believe it was 0.5 higher. ****...can I take em back?

noodledoodle

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I got mine at start of July and levels have been falling so was happy - now a little happier as they are a little lower than I thought :0)

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Funny cos I checked against my freestyle lite and I believe it was 0.5 higher. ****...can I take em back?

Don't worry about it too much. You just need to be looking for trends really. The number isn't too relevant; especially in the early days.

For me, my trend was appearing to notch up, which is a bit worrying, but now I have an insight, I'm happy enough. Much as I like the lower numbers, I'll be happy enough with consistency from the batch. That's the key for me.

Reactions: 4 people

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks- that has cheered me up as I was just looking through my results and trying to work out why when I was much fatter and on fewer tablets I was getting better pre prandial results.

Pollylocks

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not many.
...just checked mine and they're the same batch...hadn't realised they could be slightly 'out' as I only bought the Codefree meter because my Optium Xceed one was old and becoming unreliable, double whammy then...but like AndBreathe says, its consistency in the numbers that matters..

jack412

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Isn't control the +/- 20% error solution test
I would read that as the new strips are more accurate with the control solution and less error
It will certainly read lows and highs outside of 5.5-8

False alarm I think

Loobles

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Ooooh not my batch...mine ends 440. It was higher than my FL though....interesting...

gaz tred

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Same batch as I have and just coming to an end of. I have 250 being delivered this week. Think I will start recording my batch numbers in my diary from now on as well

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Isn't control the +/- 20% error solution test
I would read that as the new strips are more accurate with the control solution and less error
It will certainly read lows and highs outside of 5.5-8

False alarm I think
I don't actually understand what you wrote there. Could you expand a little please?

Loobles

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
From my nursing days....I remember the control solutions you get to check your meter are supposed to give a reading within a specified range. the range is printed on the strip tub. You can test for high, low and moderate readings, all of which must agree with the ranges specified on the strip tub. Does that make sense? Or have I misunderstood your question completely? I assumed that's what the control range meant...unless it's changed in recent years?

Johnroy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not many
I noticed that my reading has been slightly higher over the last few days. Read your post now, checked batch number and the same. Fortunate new delivery this week has another batch number. Thanks