For those who like a dive into the weeds...

NicoleC1971

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump

Great podcast with Benjamin Bikman (bit of an expert ono insulin and its twin glucagon but an excellent communicator too plus intelligent interviewer)
Also covers why the vegan idea that aniamal fat causes insulin resistance is WRONG. Keep seing the WFPB ideas popping up on this forum so this is worth listening for.
Has given me a great way to think of my type 1 - I am not so much insulin deficient as glucagon over-sufficient!
Apologies if y'all had seen this one before but its just popped up on my YouTube feed.

Reactions: hankjam

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Great podcast with Benjamin Bikman (bit of an expert ono insulin and its twin glucagon but an excellent communicator too plus intelligent interviewer)
Also covers why the vegan idea that aniamal fat causes insulin resistance is WRONG. Keep seing the WFPB ideas popping up on this forum so this is worth listening for.
Has given me a great way to think of my type 1 - I am not so much insulin deficient as glucagon over-sufficient!
Apologies if y'all had seen this one before but its just popped up on my YouTube feed.

Thank you!
Will watch it as soon as I get the time.
I am puzzled by my own glucagon 'situation' so the more info I can gather, the better.

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
I enjoy Ben Bikman's lectures, presentations and podcasts immensely. There are a couple of more recent presentations available on YouTube on the subject of Glucagon v Insulin and indeed Ben dispels the myth that dietary fats cause lipotoxity and insulin resistance. I find his lectures not overly technical and do love his passion for his field of research.

Reactions: Flora123