Forgot my toujeo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hello
I've only just realised that I've forgot to take my long acting insulin (toujeo) I would usually have to take it at 7 in the morning (as I'm on holiday I'd usually take it at 12 back at home, but because of time differences im taking it at 7)
Should I leave it untill my next injection in 7 hours or take half my dosage now?
Any suggestions would be great!
Thank you x

D

Deleted Account

Missing long acting insulin is a difficult one. Because its action profile is more than 24 hours, you could risk doubling up when you come to your 7am dose tomorrow morning.
When I change time zones, I gradually adjust my basal by an hour or two each day until it is at a convenient time and then adjust it back when I return home.
Would it make sense to take it now and keep with this time for the rest of your holiday (7am on a holiday seems unfriendly) and then adjust it back gradually when you return?

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Missing long acting insulin is a difficult one. Because its action profile is more than 24 hours, you could risk doubling up when you come to your 7am dose tomorrow morning.
When I change time zones, I gradually adjust my basal by an hour or two each day until it is at a convenient time and then adjust it back when I return home.
Would it make sense to take it now and keep with this time for the rest of your holiday (7am on a holiday seems unfriendly) and then adjust it back gradually when you return?
The time for me isn't a issue, I woke up at 6 and completely forgot to take it! Which is really unlike me to do
I usually take 36 units.. So should I take 62 at 7? Or 18 now then 36 at 7 .. Or just miss this one all together? :s

D

Deleted Account

The time for me isn't a issue, I woke up at 6 and completely forgot to take it! Which is really unlike me to do
I usually take 36 units.. So should I take 62 at 7? Or 18 now then 36 at 7 .. Or just miss this one all together? :s
I don't think there is a correct answer.
If I was in your position and was going to be awake until my next scheduled dose, I would test and correct using my bolus dose until my next basal is due.
I would definitely not double the dose at 7.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I don't think there is a correct answer.
If I was in your position and was going to be awake until my next scheduled dose, I would test and correct using my bolus dose until my next basal is due.
I would definitely not double the dose at 7.
Thank you for your help!