Forxiga anyone?

Timothy55

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks you for your kind replies and in answer to whether or not I dieted , I have to admit to not only never having dieter in my life but regularly munching on all the wrong things ! I guess I am just one of those fortunate people who does not follow the protocol and gets away with it ( I think )

Reactions: 2 people

fairiesue

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes, being lonely, being so far from my family...they live in Scotland i now live in England (3yr) spiders, smokers,
I am on day 3 today of 5mg Forxiga and so far there is no difference in fact my sugars are higher o_O. Am I expecting improvements too soon? I am finding it so difficult to remain positive at the moment - partly due to my depression I think. I know everyone is different but having read so many positive postings on this drug I was hoping I would be joining you all.
Oh Jude you are having it tough, it will soon kick in and youll notice going to pee more and know its starting to work. I was taken off 2 meds and switched to forxiga and my sugars were in the 20s for 5 days before it started to work so good luck and keep smiling your doin great...xxx

Reactions: 4 people

Jude

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks Fairiesue, it really helps to get positive reinforcement from others who have been where I am now. :)

fairiesue

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes, being lonely, being so far from my family...they live in Scotland i now live in England (3yr) spiders, smokers,
Thanks you for your kind replies and in answer to whether or not I dieted , I have to admit to not only never having dieter in my life but regularly munching on all the wrong things ! I guess I am just one of those fortunate people who does not follow the protocol and gets away with it ( I think )
Woohoo Tim I am well impressed. you're admiting on here you are who you are and thats it....I was extacly the same....still am alot of days but i hate the side effects of too much sugar so i can be a wee scardy cat hahaha...smile...xxx

Jude

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Everyone, I am on day 11 and still no improvement in fact my sugars are worse :(. Am wondering if it is partly to do with the fact that I am only on 5mg tablet so I might double up tomorrow and see if I get any improvement.

fairiesue

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Hi Everyone, I am on day 11 and still no improvement in fact my sugars are worse :(. Am wondering if it is partly to do with the fact that I am only on 5mg tablet so I might double up tomorrow and see if I get any improvement.
Hi Jude I think you are right there as I was put on 10mg from the beginning. I bet that you'll get a good reading once its changed.
I'm still on the 10 mg and everythings been great so good luck and let us know how you get on. Take care...smile...xxx

kimbo1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi Jude I think you are right there as I was put on 10mg from the beginning. I bet that you'll get a good reading once its changed.
I'm still on the 10 mg and everythings been great so good luck and let us know how you get on. Take care...smile...xxx
I was put straight on 10mg so maybe you need that too Jude?

Jude

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks ladies for your comments. Am going to see GP on Thursday to discuss this with her - trouble is I have been changing some of my other meds as well but am settled on those now so now to focus on Forxiga.

Reactions: 3 people

Jude

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Quick update. Started on 10mg last Friday the 14th November, appear to be tolerating the drug but my eating is terrible at the moment so it is difficult to know what is happening. If I cannot get more control on my eating fairly soon I am not sure what I will do. :(

jack412

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Quick update. Started on 10mg last Friday the 14th November, appear to be tolerating the drug but my eating is terrible at the moment so it is difficult to know what is happening. If I cannot get more control on my eating fairly soon I am not sure what I will do. :(
I know that feeling

http://www.dietdoctor.com/lchf it’s a long page and a video

http://lowcarbdiets.about.com/od/lowcarbliving/a/Food-Cravings.htm For me, the more carbs we eat the more carbs we want. they don’t give up easy.

http://lowcarbdiets.about.com/od/lowcarb101/a/firstweek.htm

dietician lc plan

http://www.lowcarbdietitian.com/blog/carbohydrate-restriction-an-option-for-diabetes-management

Reactions: 6 people

fairiesue

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Oh Jude I really feel for you honey, I tend to think if depression has caught hold of you then you have more to fight in life right now. One positive thing though....your admiting you got a problem and i think you should be proud of admiting it. ; ) Other things in life pull us down and makes things hard to deal with, I hope you find something in you to fight and maybe drink loadsa water thats what helps me a bit as it fills you up. keep smiling honey all my prayers to you...take care...xxx

Reactions: 2 people

neels

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi,

I haven't been on the forum for a bit so I thought I best put in an update on this...

I had my hospital visit end of December 2014 and apparently I had lost 5kgs and my bloods were something real good (sorry I forgot what it was... 6.4 maybe) but my consultant was so happy (happier than I was about losing the 5kg's - I was just in shock) that he said that I don't want your HBA1c any better than this - this is very good.

I was expecting them to take me off Forxiga after this appointment but they said as I have been getting on so well with them and my results all round are great, Forxiga will continue.

Reactions: 8 people

fairiesue

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Hi,

I haven't been on the forum for a bit so I thought I best put in an update on this...

I had my hospital visit end of December 2014 and apparently I had lost 5kgs and my bloods were something real good (sorry I forgot what it was... 6.4 maybe) but my consultant was so happy (happier than I was about losing the 5kg's - I was just in shock) that he said that I don't want your HBA1c any better than this - this is very good.

I was expecting them to take me off Forxiga after this appointment but they said as I have been getting on so well with them and my results all round are great, Forxiga will continue.
**CONGRATULATIONS** and keep up the good work...smile...xxx

Orange Lady

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Thanks for the advice will check levels before driving but so far no hypos
My GP prescribed this for me with no warnings and has maintained that as I'm type 2 diabetic I do not need to test my blood sugar and NHS will not prescribe the testing strips at all. I am on Metformin too.