1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Free Accu-Chek Aviva Nano - Comments

Discussion in 'Diabetes Discussions' started by Shipper, Jul 9, 2009.

1. malky

malky · Well-Known Member

If you want a second meter just phone accu-check and they will gladly send you out another meter well they have with me when i upgraded yo the aviva and aviva nano

2. Vikingepigen

Vikingepigen · Well-Known Member

Hi Malky,

I did request a second one, but was declined ..... hence my requeste here and thanks to a very kind soul, I now have a second meter, so I have one for home and one for work/travel.

Alice

3. supergob

supergob Type 2 · Member

Hi,

Came across the site today, hunting for info on an Insulin pump, been 27 years type 2 and had long association with Roach. Over the years I have had virtually every meter they have produced and sen the design change, but not the function. The old Roach Machine is much the same as the new Acc-Check, so to me it has never been a question of moving forward for the benefit of the patient, more for the benefit of Roach. My favourite meter was and still is, the Acc-Chek Active in its black case, which held sticks and pen, room for an insulin pen and a belt attachment. It is as accurate today as it was when first issued. I was and still am contacted by Roach if and when a new machine comes available and although not interested, I end up with a new meter. I have the Accu-chek Advantage, Accu-chek Aviva and then Accu-chek Compact Plus. The Plus is cumbersome and does nothing that the Active could not do with less fuss, it also appears to be built for a left handed man and according to my Doctor, costs his practice a fortune for the sticks and he will not supply for more than one type of machine.

Today my Aviva showed an error message and then died, I had suspected a problem when I suffered two serious Hypers in the past week, when the meter said I was ok. I telephoned Roach, once a great service, now handled by a call center and was quickly put on hold, then told to change the battery, which was the first port of call, then told the batteries were at fault, told them I had just opened a new battery, told they have a short shelf life and demanded to know were I got them. When I told them they had sent me two in March and to check on the computer, I was quickly told to await a telephone call from a technician. When I Tired of waiting I rang again, told them of my dissatisfaction and after a long conversation with a very helpful chap, end result they promised to send a new machine by tomorrow, of course it would be a new upgrade, but don't worry it takes the same sticks as the Aviva I was told. Asked if I would like some diaries, I commented that was change as they apparently were like gold and that I use software purchased off Accu-Chek, then the crunch came, the new machine is not accepted Compass Diabetic Software and if I wanted to continue to use it, I would need to purchase an upgrade. At that point I lost patients and purchased another make. Its their loss, I test my blood 8 times a day, going through 6 boxes of sticks a month. Any one else had similar experiences?

4. deadwood2

deadwood2 · Well-Known Member

Yup, their un-joined-up thinking in respect of software is laughable. Excel is your mate.

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook