Free Accu-Chek Aviva Nano - Comments

malky

Vikingepigen said:
Have only known the Nano and love it. Seen others with seperate lancets etc etc. Nightmare!!

And I can fit the test strips drum, meter and pen with a couple of spare lancet drums into the pouch, no problem - and take it everywhere.

Would love to have a second one so if anyone have a spare or want to get rid of their Nano, let me know, please.

Thanks
Alice

If you want a second meter just phone accu-check and they will gladly send you out another meter well they have with me when i upgraded yo the aviva and aviva nano

Vikingepigen

Hi Malky,

I did request a second one, but was declined ..... hence my requeste here and thanks to a very kind soul, I now have a second meter, so I have one for home and one for work/travel.

Alice

supergob

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi,

Came across the site today, hunting for info on an Insulin pump, been 27 years type 2 and had long association with Roach. Over the years I have had virtually every meter they have produced and sen the design change, but not the function. The old Roach Machine is much the same as the new Acc-Check, so to me it has never been a question of moving forward for the benefit of the patient, more for the benefit of Roach. My favourite meter was and still is, the Acc-Chek Active in its black case, which held sticks and pen, room for an insulin pen and a belt attachment. It is as accurate today as it was when first issued. I was and still am contacted by Roach if and when a new machine comes available and although not interested, I end up with a new meter. I have the Accu-chek Advantage, Accu-chek Aviva and then Accu-chek Compact Plus. The Plus is cumbersome and does nothing that the Active could not do with less fuss, it also appears to be built for a left handed man and according to my Doctor, costs his practice a fortune for the sticks and he will not supply for more than one type of machine.

Today my Aviva showed an error message and then died, I had suspected a problem when I suffered two serious Hypers in the past week, when the meter said I was ok. I telephoned Roach, once a great service, now handled by a call center and was quickly put on hold, then told to change the battery, which was the first port of call, then told the batteries were at fault, told them I had just opened a new battery, told they have a short shelf life and demanded to know were I got them. When I told them they had sent me two in March and to check on the computer, I was quickly told to await a telephone call from a technician. When I Tired of waiting I rang again, told them of my dissatisfaction and after a long conversation with a very helpful chap, end result they promised to send a new machine by tomorrow, of course it would be a new upgrade, but don't worry it takes the same sticks as the Aviva I was told. Asked if I would like some diaries, I commented that was change as they apparently were like gold and that I use software purchased off Accu-Chek, then the crunch came, the new machine is not accepted Compass Diabetic Software and if I wanted to continue to use it, I would need to purchase an upgrade. At that point I lost patients and purchased another make. Its their loss, I test my blood 8 times a day, going through 6 boxes of sticks a month. Any one else had similar experiences?