free style libre- waterproof?

emily deacon

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
hey

i know they say the sensors are waterproof for up to 30 mins roughly, but what about the actual monitor? is the monitor waterproof or is it just the sensor?

Reactions: urbanracer

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
hey

i know they say the sensors are waterproof for up to 30 mins roughly, but what about the actual monitor? is the monitor waterproof or is it just the sensor?

I don't know for sure, but it doesn't look like the USB port or the test strip slot is sealed against liquids - why do you ask?

emily deacon

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I don't know for sure, but it doesn't look like the USB port or the test strip slot is sealed against liquids - why do you ask?

i’m going to centre parks in few months and i didn’t want to keep getting in and out the pool to check sugars, thought i could possible have the monitor on me to check it

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Hi @emily deacon No the scanner isn't waterproof, if you're going swimming at centreparcs buy some of the big tegaderm plasters to cover the sensor, I always do when i'm away, they last a good few days and will protect your sensor meaning you can spend more time in the pool, the guards will allow you to keep your glucose, scanner etc by them too so take a small bag to carry your essentials. Love the slides at Centreparcs !!

Reactions: urbanracer

emily deacon

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi @emily deacon No the scanner isn't waterproof, if you're going swimming at centreparcs buy some of the big tegaderm plasters to cover the sensor, I always do when i'm away, they last a good few days and will protect your sensor meaning you can spend more time in the pool, the guards will allow you to keep your glucose, scanner etc by them too so take a small bag to carry your essentials. Love the slides at Centreparcs !!
ok thank you!!

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I put my reader & glucose tabs in a clear sealy bag that my insulin comes from the chemists in, to take poolside when I swim, so that way you can use the sensor whilst in the bag without getting it wet..