Freestyle App and Novopens

msav1066

Is anyone else having a problem linking their Novopens Echo Plus to the recently updated freestyle 2 app?

This morning when I tried to scan one of my pens I ended up with the freestyle white screen of death. After deleting and reinstalling and scanning the pens the app failed again.

I spoke with freestyle helpline and after walking me through everything I had already done the app failed again. They said that the issue was with the pens and I should contact novopen.

I spoke with Novopen and as I thought the pens are fine.

So still unable to link the data from my pens to the libre app which is very useful.

Mathewted

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I regularly get the phone app advising that the scan failed, not unusually more than twice.ice never had the white screen of death though!

barrym

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I regularly get the phone app advising that the scan failed, not unusually more than twice.ice never had the white screen of death though!

I'm guessing the OP has an iPhone, probably SE. They don't play nicely with NFC :(.

May be wrong - don't shoot me down;).

Jordi77

Type of diabetes
Type 2
if you aim for the top of your iOS device or back of your android device is where you will find it to work on it as I had to do that with all Bluetooth blood meters and it's just where they place the NFC at on all devices

msav1066

if you aim for the top of your iOS device or back of your android device is where you will find it to work on it as I had to do that with all Bluetooth blood meters and it's just where they place the NFC at on all devices
Thank you for, this this is correct, I have been doing this since I had the pens and went through it again with the help desks. This is not the issue.

Steveee

There’s definitely an issue for iPhones scanning novopens following LibreLink v2.10.1 update. As admin for a freestyle Libre fb group I’m seeing multiple reports of scans failing and causing the white screen issue. All people reporting the issue are advised to report to Abbott. This is clearly an Abbott issue, not Novo issue as happening with pens that worked ok with version 2.8.4.

Stephan K.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have the same issue. After the issue with freestyle libre app upgrade in July which forced Abbott to remove the app temporarily from the Apple app store, the scanning of my NovoPen echo plus pens are no longer working and I get the message „Scan failed Please try scanning your NovoPen again. If the error persists, please contact Novo Nordisk customer support“. The issue persists.
I removed both my pens from freestyle libre app and activated them again. It did not fix the issue. I followed the instruction from Abbott Support. It did not fix the issue. I was told that my NovoPen echo plus pens have the issue. I do not believe that both my pens have the issue. They were manufactured at different times. I use an iPhone 12 and have the latest iOS version installed. So far no support could help.
I come to the conclusion that Apple iPhone 12 with freestyle libre app are not compatible with NovoPen echo plus. It is a software issue. I hope that Abbott will do better with the next freestyle libre app version.

Reactions: msav1066

Thebarleymow

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I only just found out through this site that the pens could link to the freestyle app.
I checked that my pens were appropriate and followed the instructions on the freestyle app.
Sadly neither of the pens would communicate with the app.
Still - what you’ve never had, you never miss!

barrym

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I only just found out through this site that the pens could link to the freestyle app.
I checked that my pens were appropriate and followed the instructions on the freestyle app.
Sadly neither of the pens would communicate with the app.
Still - what you’ve never had, you never miss!

iPhone?

Anyway, I'm not sure it's a benefit on LibreLink. Every time you inject and scan you get the 'air shot' and the actual shot. You have to go in and edit the logbook entry to say you din't inject. Otherwise it ads it into you LibreView figures. **** eh? Even a one man band like the Juggluco author managed to 'code' around this and only captured the real dose.

I imagine the difference between a diabetic developer and a committee. <GD&R>

Also if you've entered the last 90 days of insulin manually you'll get it duplicated in LibreView. <Sigh>. Don't ask me how I know!

Moonrakers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Is anyone else having a problem linking their Novopens Echo Plus to the recently updated freestyle 2 app?

This morning when I tried to scan one of my pens I ended up with the freestyle white screen of death. After deleting and reinstalling and scanning the pens the app failed again.

I spoke with freestyle helpline and after walking me through everything I had already done the app failed again. They said that the issue was with the pens and I should contact novopen.

I spoke with Novopen and as I thought the pens are fine.

So still unable to link the data from my pens to the libre app which is very useful.
I use an Android phone and do not have scannable Novo pens - however my Libre App is constantly giving me error messages to say the scan of my Novo Pen has failed - it will do it multiple times every time I use the app. I haven’t done the upgrade yet but am hoping this will sort it out.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have the same issue. After the issue with freestyle libre app upgrade in July which forced Abbott to remove the app temporarily from the Apple app store, the scanning of my NovoPen echo plus pens are no longer working and I get the message „Scan failed Please try scanning your NovoPen again. If the error persists, please contact Novo Nordisk customer support“. The issue persists.
I removed both my pens from freestyle libre app and activated them again. It did not fix the issue. I followed the instruction from Abbott Support. It did not fix the issue. I was told that my NovoPen echo plus pens have the issue. I do not believe that both my pens have the issue. They were manufactured at different times. I use an iPhone 12 and have the latest iOS version installed. So far no support could help.
I come to the conclusion that Apple iPhone 12 with freestyle libre app are not compatible with NovoPen echo plus. It is a software issue. I hope that Abbott will do better with the next freestyle libre app version.
Hi I have an iPhone 12 mini . I’ve just received a Novo Pen EchoPlus and was looking forward to using it but I have had the same problem, usually it looks like it has scanned I.e does not say scan failed, but then I get a message in a box saying it’s failed as you described. The priming dose is also a problem you can go in after and put a note on that this was a flow test dose but really by the time you have done that it’s quicker just to put the information in manually ( much quicker) . I do like the fact that the pen has a more accurate last dose time clock though this is really useful. I was going to phone Abbot but might not bother.! Such a shame they don’t seem to be testing their stuff in the real world.

• Agree
Reactions: barrym
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I use an Android phone and do not have scannable Novo pens - however my Libre App is constantly giving me error messages to say the scan of my Novo Pen has failed - it will do it multiple times every time I use the app. I haven’t done the upgrade yet but am hoping this will sort it out.
Hi, Did you manage to get the error message to go away? I am also having this problem and can't find a solution.

Stephan K.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi I have an iPhone 12 mini . I’ve just received a Novo Pen EchoPlus and was looking forward to using it but I have had the same problem, usually it looks like it has scanned I.e does not say scan failed, but then I get a message in a box saying it’s failed as you described. The priming dose is also a problem you can go in after and put a note on that this was a flow test dose but really by the time you have done that it’s quicker just to put the information in manually ( much quicker) . I do like the fact that the pen has a more accurate last dose time clock though this is really useful. I was going to phone Abbot but might not bother.! Such a shame they don’t seem to be testing their stuff in the real world.
Hi Barry, I believe I discovered a solution for our issue that the Freestyle Libre App does not accept the scan from the NovoPen Echo on our iPhones.
It is the angle you hold the NovoPen against the iPhone that is doing the trick.
Instead of holding the pen in a 90 degree angle on the top of your iPhone where the NFS arial is located, you need to hold it in a 75 to 80 degrees angle. Since I changed the angle, the Freestyle Libre App scans the NovoPen properly and shows the insulin dosis.

Reactions: barrym

PPCZ

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello everyone, i have navigated myself to this forum as i have had issues with scanning my doses to LibreLink app from NovoNordisk pens. It seems that i have found the issue i was having. I used to scan my doses with pens not touching my cell phone, just having it in close distance but when i tried scanning doses with the pen touching my phone (the area of NFC) it started working.

I hope this could help someone having the same issue.
I have got an iPhone 13 and as stated NovoNordisk pens.

Cheers.

Petr from CZ