Freestyle free trial

Andy_Warlow

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cycling,
I just managed to get a free sensor. Trial.

So looking forward to giving this a go.

Really interested to see how my blood sugars, go up and down.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I’m 5 days into my free trial, it is enlightening. Pleased so far with it and super pleased that the highest reading I have had is well within the higher limit to prevent complications, which people quote of 7.8 (and definitely below the 8.5 that others quote.) I am a bit of a graph and number geek so this is right up my street, but alas the price still puts me off :(

Andy_Warlow

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cycling,
I’m 5 days into my free trial, it is enlightening. Pleased so far with it and super pleased that the highest reading I have had is well within the higher limit to prevent complications, which people quote of 7.8 (and definitely below the 8.5 that others quote.) I am a bit of a graph and number geek so this is right up my street, but alas the price still puts me off :(

You def right about the price.

I may get them from time to time though.

Reactions: KK123

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I am a bit of a graph and number geek so this is right up my street, but alas the price still puts me off :(
They are $100.00 each here in Australia, a bit expensive to experiment with. T1 diabetics can get them with a NDSS subsidy I believe, but T2's have to stick with the good old lancet.

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
haven't started mine yet. Thinking in future just for holidays and Christmas etc, and for the occasional in between, so 4 -6 times a year
I'm hoping representatives of Abbott are on here reading this and thinking of more discounts for us. The market is huge.

I've fallen into the habit of only testing fbg by finger once a day

Reactions: Rachox

Roggg

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
In Ontario Canada, my private insurance will only cover CGM if I'm insulin dependent. I've been thinking about buying one or two sensors to do some food testing and fasting testing, but it's a luxury I cant really afford at the moment. I'd love to know what my body gets up to when I sleep or when I run. Sensors are about $100 here. There doesn't seem to be a free trial program that I can find.

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
In Ontario Canada, my private insurance will only cover CGM if I'm insulin dependent. I've been thinking about buying one or two sensors to do some food testing and fasting testing, but it's a luxury I cant really afford at the moment. I'd love to know what my body gets up to when I sleep or when I run. Sensors are about $100 here. There doesn't seem to be a free trial program that I can find.
The free trial here in UK is the first time I've seen such an offer, so thats why I've taken it, even though I am concerned ill get addicted. I will have to restrict myself to a few times a year.
I got my levels and weight down by going straight to very low carb and would love to know what happens if I expand my diet, what happens in sleep and exercise too. I think this is going to take longer than the 2 week free trial!

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
2ACF0545-EAB8-4944-82B7-46B1A48FCEC9.jpeg
I just thought that everyone interested in this thread, if they haven’t received the email from Abbott this morning, here’s a link to the info. If you do decide to go full-time with the Libre after your trial, there will now be an additional cost to factor into your budget:

Edit: Just trying to get a link that works!
Cant get a functioning link! So here’s a screenshot instead!

Last edited:

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I just thought that everyone interested in this thread, if they haven’t received the email from Abbott this morning, here’s a link to the info. If you do decide to go full-time with the Libre after your trial, there will now be an additional cost to factor into your budget:

So long as the area is clean and dry, there should be no issue. Soap and water will be just fine! Although I speak from the vantage point of having an enormous stock of the existing wipes - never have used both of those included with each sensor.

Edited to remove the link in the quote box that didn’t work!

Last edited by a moderator: