Freestyle Insulinx

DonnaC-T

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi
I've just been given one of these meters by my cousin, she had gestational diabetes.
Does anyone have one? I currently use a Glucomen LX. I don't know whether to change over and only have a out 10 strips to try it with.
It does calculate insulin I think.
Thanks x

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Worth a try Donna, I also have a Glucomen LX which I just use for ketone testing.

DonnaC-T

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Cheers Noblehead. What other meter do you use if the Glucomen is only for ketones?
I've managed to set up the carb ratios so I'll try it for dinner. X

iHs

Ive had a go with the Insulinx but apart from the bg teststrip needing hsrdly any blood, the meter itself will only work as a bolus wizard when a bg test is done whereas on the Accu chek Expert meter, the meter will work as a bolus wizard even when a bg test isnt done. The Insulink is lightweight but the screen display is not that good whereas the Expert is heavier but the screen display is clear and bright. The drawback is that the Aviva teststrips demand a decent blood droplet

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

DonnaC-T

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Sounds like the expert and insulinx both have bits to recommend them. I think I prefer the sound of the expert but I doubt my dsn would sort it. The only drawback would be the amount of blood, I have raynauds too so sometimes don't bleed very much.
Thanks guys x