freestyle lancets?

Hayley64

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Is anyone else having problems getting the freestyle lancets for reader been weeks now saying problems with supplier had some universal ones not the same

Cloe-1992

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yeah I also get the freestyle lancets for my bm clicker , and also have been told the same thing , has also been quiet a little while now since they have been able to prescribe them , lucky I'm ok for the moment have a few boxes . Hopefully they sort it soon .

:)

Hayley64

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yeah I also get the freestyle lancets for my bm clicker , and also have been told the same thing , has also been quiet a little while now since they have been able to prescribe them , lucky I'm ok for the moment have a few boxes . Hopefully they sort it soon .

:)
I am quite new to all this so didn't realise get different ones got enough for a few weeks so fingers crossed

Reactions: 2 people

Cloe-1992

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I am quite new to all this so didn't realise get different ones got enough for a few weeks so fingers crossed

Oh that's brilliant , if I run low I will do what you have done and ask for a different one . :)

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Yes, I couldn't get the lancets a few weeks ago. Helpfully (not) my surgery told me nothing else would fit my finger pricker. I use a Freestyle Lite meter and the finger pricker that came with it.

Hayley64

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yes I didn't realise until got home the chemist said could give me universal ones they fitted but then said would need a new prescription for them I was not happy as my doctors miles away so use a different chemist now but cannot understand what the problem is with the supplier

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
@Hayley64, see if you can get your hands on a Multiclix/Fastclix finger pricker by Accu-Chek, it is (IMHO anyway) the best lancer out there and as it has 6 lancets per drum so you don't have to keep changing the single lancets all the time.

I continued to use it when changing from Accu-Chek meters to Bayer and now use it with my Omnipod Pump (which uses freestyle strips).

Hayley64

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Who did you get it from? Will look into it thank you I am new to this so appreciate any information

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Ok that's great thanks will try it

Just ring em. Tell them yer T1. & they will send..
The beauty of this device design is, when you remove the spent barrel of lancets. It instantly covers the the sharps. Rendering the lancets safe, locking them in the barrel. No protruding points for clean safe disposal..?! ;)

Hayley64

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Just ring em. Tell them yer T1. & they will send..
The beauty of this device design is, when you remove the spent barrel of lancets. It instantly covers the the sharps. Rendering the lancets safe, locking them in the barrel. No protruding points for clean safe disposal..?! ;)
It is for my 9 year old son so only ever used the one type only been diagnosed 2 months

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
It is for my 9 year old son so only ever used the one type only been diagnosed 2 months

Even better! No potential "Health & safety" sharps issues to be raised by an overzealous school... :p

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Who did you get it from? Will look into it thank you I am new to this so appreciate any information

As @Jaylee says you can ring Accu-Chek direct and request one or ask your DSN if they have a spare Accu-Chek meter lying around.

Hayley64

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thank you I will try ringing them as the diabetic people I have are not good at keeping in touch

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
If you order D supplies/prescriptions from your surgery online? (Something called "Systemonline" with my surgery.)
Try sending a note for an "amendment" to the lancets in the script..?
My D nurse is good at texting me back within 12 hours, just to notify me she's sorted it & even sent the scrypt to the chemist!

Ring Accu-chek. Order the lancing device. (Your boy is insulin dependant T1. Their customer service is great.) There should be a couple of lancet barrels boxed with it to keep you going till the prescription is processed..? (48 hours from GP to pharmacy collection.)

Hayley64

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thankyou for the advice my head is still all over the place with it will try my best with that

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thankyou for the advice my head is still all over the place with it will try my best with that

I empathise.. Pretty lucky my post code puts me in a position where I can "call the shots" on a D crew with a great response with practical support..

Plus I'm a "cup half full" guy.

Just to add. I don't work for or have any connection with the Roche company. Though I wouldn't mind....! ;)

Hayley64

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I empathise.. Pretty lucky my post code puts me in a position where I can "call the shots" on a D crew with a great response with practical support..

Plus I'm a "cup half full" guy.

Just to add. I don't work for or have any connection with the Roche company. Though I wouldn't mind....! ;)
These pharmaceuticals make some good money. They are not that generous around here