Type 1 Freestyle libra

Mark_Goldenfield_

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I spoke to my Dr today about funding for this fantastic piece of equipment. As I’m on the insulin pump,, I first phoned in November and the dr said to call back in December which he would have more information about the Bury area in greater Manchester if they would be funding , to my dismay he told me that the Bury area our not funding even though my control is a hundred times better it looks like I will have to self fund . So all this hype about getting it on the NHS , for free is false does anyone else have same difficulty’s

Mark_Goldenfield_

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I spoke to my Dr today about funding for this fantastic piece of equipment. As I’m on the insulin pump,, I first phoned in November and the dr said to call back in December which he would have more information about the Bury area in greater Manchester if they would be funding , to my dismay he told me that the Bury area our not funding even though my control is a hundred times better it looks like I will have to self fund . So all this hype about getting it on the NHS , for free is false does anyone else have same difficulty’s

MisterMints

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
No decision has been made on funding in Greater Manchester yet, so the information provided is incorrect.

I emailed them a few weeks ago to ask when I would be able to ask my doctor for one and they said that while they were aware it has been approved for prescription use, on a local level they are still assessing it.

Mark_Goldenfield_

Type of diabetes
Type 1
According to my GP , he said they have made a decision,and at present they are not funding I spoke to him yesterday