freestyle libra

KBEDOUI

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
i have purchased free style libra from Singapore and after using it for 2 weeks, however i tried to download the iphone app but its not working , it says the app can not read the sensor, i checked and the reading in the device is in mmol, how to change it in gram reading and how i can use the iphone to scan the sensor.
by the way i tried to change the location of mu iphone store to US to purchqse the lbrqlink but same issue, the phone dose not read the sensor:
thank you

ATB123

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
i have purchased free style libra from Singapore and after using it for 2 weeks, however i tried to download the iphone app but its not working , it says the app can not read the sensor, i checked and the reading in the device is in mmol, how to change it in gram reading and how i can use the iphone to scan the sensor.
by the way i tried to change the location of mu iphone store to US to purchqse the lbrqlink but same issue, the phone dose not read the sensor:
thank you
I had a sensor problem this morning so rang Abbott. They asked me to uninstall and reinstall the app which I did, and when you do that you get the option to choose grams over mmol if that's what you use, you have to flip through several screens to put your preferences in before you can sign back in. I was getting a message in my app saying it couldn't read the sensor, turns out I had got the NFC antenna position wrong, my antenna is in the middle of my phone not the top, and the antenna has only a 4cm range so its important to scan over the antenna. You can Google to find out where yours is. Don't know if the above is any help. Also check you have NFC connection on and your Bluetooth is OK. Hope you sort it.

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
forum bugs
Hi @KBEDOUI and welcome to the forums.

I think the libre is geolocked so I suspect you may need to download the app from Singapore to read the sensor.... ???

Tagging @Zhnyaka who is both more technologically competent than me and actually uses the libre ...

• Agree
Reactions: Antje77

Zhnyaka

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Homophobia, racism, sexism
after 2 weeks of use, the sensor should not be readable, it has an expiration date.

If the sensor is running and you just need to read the readings, you can download the diabox app, I really like it.

If the problem is with geolocation, you can download the app via VPN by setting the desired geolocation, but it doesn't look like that's the problem.

In the end, the sensor may simply be faulty, because I did not notice any difference in the use of sensors from different countries (I used sensors from the UK, France and China and everything was fine)

• Informative
Reactions: EllieM

KBEDOUI

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
thak you all for your answers i downloaded the app again via singapore and vpn and it worked :)

thank you so much

Last edited: