JackR

I was wondering if anyone else is suffering with the same issue and if so have found a way to fix .

My wife recently switched from the Freestyle libre 1 to 2 which at first was very exciting to be able to be notified of dropping or raising sugar levels . So she set the numbers for when she wanted to be alarmed which has been working ok but the issue is she keeps getting sensor alarm unavailable meaning it has lost connection from her libre to her iPhone . This happens frequently and has defeated the object of being able to go to sleep at night in the safe knowledge we would get an alarm tone if her levels change as we now can’t trust that it may loose connection during the night .

thank you in advance to anyone that may be able to help .

Reactions: elleyouer

LittleGreyCat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diet drinks - the artificial sweeteners taste vile.
Having to forswear foods I have loved all my life.
Trying to find low carb meals when eating out.
I get the very occasional alarm for sensor out of range, often when the phone is with me (so not out of range).

My main issue is clearing the alarm.
I find that scanning (as prompted) doesn't do anything.
Turning Bluetooth off gets another alarm.
Turning it back on doesn't always immediately clear the alarm, but it seems to clear in a minute or so.

There are recent posts about people having other problems with iPhones so there may be some software issues.
My phone is Android.

JackR

Thank you for your reply yes this exactly what she is having issues with the phone is next to her bed and still getting the out of range notification . The idea of being able to rely on this for an alarm in the night now has been lost as it can’t be trusted not to go out of range during the night

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
forum bugs
Dexcom user here, but I believe the technology is very similar?

Does the libre make your phone sound an alarm if it goes out of range for too long? My dexcom does, which means I'd be alarmed if it lost connection at night. But usually mine just loses connection when I'm too far away. My fitbit watch however (bought so that I don't have to fish my phone out every time I want to see my bg) loses signal a lot. But this doesn't matter because my phone alarm will wake me if I go low overnight.

Maybe there is a setting which allows you to get your phone to alarm if it loses signal? Otherwise, you could try phoning the abbott helpline for suggestions, as if they don't know there is an issue they can't fix it.

Good luck.

JackR

Thanks for the ideas . Yes sadly the sound comes through for highs and lows on silent but she would have to have the phone on loud to get the noise for loss of signal which would mean in the night her phone would make all kinds of sounds for things like emails .

I’ll get her to contact them thanks for the advice