Freestyle libre 2 problems

PaulAshby

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Great advice, had the same as problems with my Libre 2 but your advice has sorted it out, cheers

Steve_

Hello I've just read this I've had the libre 2 for 3 months. And I'm having exactly the same happen. I was even thinking of changing my phone. When it was 1st set up was totally fine and then this week its saying alarms unavailable but alarm went off last night wen it went low. Spoke to Abbott yesterday and thy are sending me a new sensor. They went through every check wiv me on the phone and my setup was fine. So even though it says alarms unavailable it still alarming me. Can't make it out. Did you resolve the issue in the end. I'm
Hi so are you all sorted now?

Reactions: PaulAshby

Steve_

Yes Steve, brilliant stuff, thanks again
Yes Steve, brilliant stuff, thanks again

Your welcome, I also phoned Libre customer care and they went through all the settings on both the phone and the app. But they are also sending me (well my mum) a new sensor as they said that’s the problem. Maybe an uninstall and reinstalling of the libre app would also work but I did read possible loss of data and that the current sensor would error as it would think it was paired with a different device. I didn’t want to do that as my mum still had 12 days left on the current sensor and the alarms wasn’t working with the old sensor. But the alarms have worked on other sensors in the past.

PaulAshby

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Your welcome, I also phoned Libre customer care and they went through all the settings on both the phone and the app. But they are also sending me (well my mum) a new sensor as they said that’s the problem. Maybe an uninstall and reinstalling of the libre app would also work but I did read possible loss of data and that the current sensor would error as it would think it was paired with a different device. I didn’t want to do that as my mum still had 12 days left on the current sensor and the alarms wasn’t working with the old sensor. But the alarms have worked on other sensors in the past.

Yes, I did exactly that and of course rendered the sensor useless but Abbott did replace it so don't let your mum do that, the Libre 2 is great but you know what technology's like, mostly good but sometimes not.

Ipodlistener

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Idiots
Android alarms! When adjusting volume rocker. Press the 3 dots. You'll have 4 volume settings.

To stop your sensor finishing early. In settings goto APPS,Libre link,storage, clear cache.

Works for me 10 months into type 1 A1C of 6.9 to start. Now 5.7. Learn how to use this great tool. Which you are so lucky to have.

You can eat whatever you want. However you can't always eat it all in one go.

Last edited:

Herjard

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Same issue here, Iphone 12 mini & alert issues for second sensor in a row. Works if i scan it manually but doesnt keep connection / give alerts.
I cannot see sensor on iphone bluetooth list, and that weird..because i still can scan it.
Did uninstall app and restarted phone many times and phone is on newest version. All other bluetooth devices works fine.

Ushthetaff

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Mountain out of mole hill makers ,queues , crowds , shopping on a Saturday hmm just shopping I guess no matter what day it is
I must be the lucky one I use an iPhone 12 mini I have numerous things connected
Via Bluetooth ive not had any problems with alarms or app ,

Ipodlistener

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Idiots
Same issue here, Iphone 12 mini & alert issues for second sensor in a row. Works if i scan it manually but doesnt keep connection / give alerts.
I cannot see sensor on iphone bluetooth list, and that weird..because i still can scan it.
Did uninstall app and restarted phone many times and phone is on newest version. All other bluetooth devices works fine.
If it's Libre2? It doesn't show on the BT list. Unless you have Libre3 or an attachment to make it a CGM. You have to scan the sensor. You will get problems if you leave your phone more than 3m away

Herjard

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
If it's Libre2? It doesn't show on the BT list. Unless you have Libre3 or an attachment to make it a CGM. You have to scan the sensor. You will get problems if you leave your phone more than 3m away
Its libre 2, box say so, and its about half meter away now

Ipodlistener

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Idiots
Its libre 2, box say so, and its about half meter away now
Set the alarms. I have mine at 5.6-9.5 when setting up it'll ask for permission. I use android. If you get a signal loss. Scan and keep your phone nearby the ! Will disappear after a couple of minutes. Scanning is best when you leave it at least 15 minutes. The last scan reading will show till the 15min window has past. Then it will show the time of last scan

Steve_

Steve_

Hi, did you see my post how to resolve the alarms not working on this thread?
0B90C752-3033-4692-9F80-314BE7B1B3AA.jpeg

Herjard

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yes, i did that list, but still fails. I had many working libre 2s before previous 2 failed sensors..

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Being type 2, I only use them occasionally.
I have a 2 week holiday coming up so have ordered 3, 1 to wear, 1 in case, and 1 spare. Hoping that's enough!

wray416

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I am using my Libre2 for the first time. I activated the sensor using the Libre2 Reader. Then I went to activate the sensor to use with my iPhone 13 so that I can use both readers simultaneously as I used to do with my Libre. When attempting to read with my iPhone, I got the following error message:

SENSOR ALREADY IN USE
"The Sensor you just scanned was started by another device and cannot be used."

I never had this issue/problem with my Libre1 senor. Does anyone know how to navigate around this problem?

Kazza56

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
View attachment 56108

Hi,
If your getting the same error (shown in the image). There is a easy fix for this that doesn’t involve uninstalling/reinstalling of the LibreLink app or replacing the libre 2 sensor.

1. open the librelink app.
2. Select the icon of the 3 horizontal lines (top left).
3. Select alarms.
4. You will see the the ‘Alarms Unavailable’ error message.
5. Select settings.
6. Make sure all settings are ticked including ‘Allow notification dot’ found under the Advanced drop down menu at the bottom.
7. Select the green back arrow to go back.
8. Select low glucose alarm / high glucose alarm / signal loss alarm.
9. Check toggle is set to on.
10. Select alarm tone under sounds.
11. Check show notifications toggle is set to on.
12. Select ‘Behaviour’.
13. Select ‘Make sound and pop up on screen’.
14. Select ‘Advanced’.
15. Select’ Sound’ to select required sound.
16. Select OK.
17. Make sure all toggles are on.
18. Select green back arrow to go back.
19. Select back arrow.
20. Repeat steps 8 - 20 for low, high and signal loss alarms.

Hope this was of some help.
Thank you for your help. This has been driving me mad. I’m waiting to see if alarm goes off but the red exclamation mark in the alarm box has disappeared so it’s looking promising. So

Reactions: PaulAshby

PaulAshby

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thank you for your help. This has been driving me mad. I’m waiting to see if alarm goes off but the red exclamation mark in the alarm box has disappeared so it’s looking promising. So
This worked for me

letsgo182

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have had so many problems with my libre 2. So many in fact the NHS has finally agreed to move me to Dexcom one as it was causing me a lot of stress. Hopefully I’ll get one in the new year