Freestyle Libre and Lycra!

jwillyf

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Received my Libre today and now up and running.
I have taped over the sensor for security. A slightly trivial query but I am a keen cyclist who wears closely fitting Lycra tops and the sleeves often have to dragged up the arms when putting them on.
Anyone out there come to grief dragging such clothing over the sensor?

Reactions: Snapsy

Snapsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Anyone out there come to grief dragging such clothing over the sensor?
I'm paranoid about clingy Lycra sports bras and running vests, and I've got a very body-hugging running jacket which I sometimes feel dragging on the sensor - but in nearly 2 years I've not lost one yet! Have nearly come a cropper with swimwear a couple of times - simply by forgetting which arm it was on and being careful with the wrong side, if you see what I mean!

I've used Tegaderm on my sensor when I was going for a massage. No Lycra involved there - I was just protecting the sensor adhesive from the oil!

Tape would I'm sure give confidence, if you feel it's needed - I would recommend not applying tape directly to the sensor though as it would mean every time you move your arm the tape will pull on the sensor (which in fact is what you're trying to avoid in the first place with your Lycra sleeves, remember) so if you are taping it, it's a good idea to cut a circle of plastic (like from a polythene bag or something) to pop over the sensor before you stick the tape onto it and onto your skin.

Enjoy the ride - I LOVE my Libre and couldn't do without it!

:)

RFSMarch

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Cut a piece of cling film around a £2 coin and stick that on top of the sensor before applying some tape... tegaderm and rocjtape seem to be the best/recommended...

I now use tegaderm when I am swimming, but take it off to let the skin around it breathe as I am having some reactions to the adhesive...

Lycra, Sports-bra and normal-bra ‘ping’ are ... daily hazards!!!

Reactions: Snapsy