Freestyle Libre app issues

deejaycue

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello,

I've been successfully using the Freestyle Libre sensor for nearly a year now and really like it but the app has suddenly stopped working on my iPhone XR. I turned the phone off and on again and it worked for the first sensor scan but then reverted to getting stuck on the 'check glucose' page. I then deleted the app but now can't re-install it as it won't let me log on. I put in my email and password then when I get to the next page saying 'UK unit of measurement is mmol/L' and press 'next', the app just closes down. I spoke with Abbott earlier today but they were puzzled and not overly helpful. I've had no issue with the phone at all nor any of my other apps. Really weird and frustrating so I'd be really grateful if anyone has some ideas how to solve this as a day of back to finger pricking today has not been great ! Many thanks....

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi,

Has you phone had any OS updates, lately?

Do you use NFC apple pay? Could it be a confliction? With the Abbott app & any other systems app dealing with NFC functions? Like payments or "tagging."

Hopefully, others may have ideas. (Just bumping this up for you realy.!)

deejaycue

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi,

Has you phone had any OS updates, lately?

Do you use NFC apple pay? Could it be a confliction? With the Abbott app & any other systems app dealing with NFC functions? Like payments or "tagging."

Hopefully, others may have ideas. (Just bumping this up for you realy.!)
Thanks Jaylee, very much appreciated. I'm going to look into this over the next few days so I'll let you know...