Freestyle Libre experiences wanted:)

Type1John:)

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi guys! So i have been recently given approval for funding from the NHS for CGMS (Continuous Glucose Monitoring System). My doctor has suggested before recieving a transmitting CGMS that i should give the Libre a go and see how that goes for me. I'll be getting 2 weeks worth of supplies on a no obligation basis.
The thing i loved about trying the CGMS the first time was the availabitlity to set alarms to alert me when my glucose levels hit a certain point. This was a complete game changer for me as i have really bad compulsive blood sugar checking habits, instead of doing multiple blood tests an hour i could go hours without thinking about my diabetes!!! Another benefit was i could be alerted during sleep when glucose levels were changing drastically. So what im saying is im a little bit skeptical about the no alarm side of the Libre.
I am hoping other people may have some first hand experience with the libre and be able to offer me some insight or reviews, so if you do please comment:))) I may note i am very anxious about the accuracy of these devices, and have been doing my own research for my healthcare team to help better decide which system i would suit best. I have come to the desicion that the Dexcom G4 Platinum will be next in line to try out, should i not feel too comfortable with the libre. Much love and i hope to hear from you guys soon:)))

cz_dave

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I started with Libre and then switched to Dexcom. I agree that being able to rely on alerts is a big plus for someone on insulin. I would go for Dexcom if I was you.

Reactions: 2 people