Freestyle Libre issues

Horlicks

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Forums asking for a load of personal information including dislikes.
Just for a bit of background info I was diagnosed type 2 about 10 years ago when I was 60. I managed the condition fairly well through diet and exercise, have had no problems but was put on Metformin around a year ago as the HbA1c was slipping a bit.
Anyhow, I thought I would try the freestyle libre for a month when it first came out just to get a better understanding of how well my current diet/exercising regime is working. Its not essential, at present, to wear a sensor all the time which is just as well considering the monthly cost. Since then I have bought additional sensors from time to time as I find them far more useful and more convenient than finger pricking.
The problem is I am getting a sensor failure rate of at least 50% - 60%. Its not to do with inaccurate readings, its to do with NO readings at all. There are no problems with the reader or the smart phone app I use. The sensor is also being applied correctly exactly per instructions. After applying the sensor, as soon as the initial hour is up the reader is unable to take a reading and says it needs replacing.
Abbott customer services have been excellent at providing replacements but as these too fail in the same way I am now asking for a refund and I wont be ordering more unless I feel compelled to.
What I thought was an answer to a prayer has now left me demoralised and very disillusioned. I rarely read of anybody else having these type of problems so is it just me?

Boo1979

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I had few problems initially, but then began to get wildly out readings ( double or half what BG meter showed), multiple straight out of the box failures exactly the same as yours, and adhesion problems with sensors falling off after a couple of days.
All of these coincided with me developing an allergic reaction to the sensors - the pharmacist thought it was an allergy to the fillament rather than the glue, although he also said that there were increasing reports in pharmacy journals of alleric reactions to the glue.
I no longer use the system