AJCLARK

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi All

I have had my FreeStyle Libre machine for a while now, and I love it. I don't buy sensors every month, but when my fingers get a little sore, I buy sensors and give them a break.

I think the FreeStyle Libre is great, it is so convenient and is less hassle. It does come with it's own set of problems such as sensor errors, sensor readings being slightly off etc. But all in all I think it is great.

I also recently downloaded the LibreLink App (at long last there is an app!), I started a new sensor yesterday and scanned this with my Libre machine and then was disappointed to find out that you cannot connect a sensor to more than one device (e.g. your phone app and your Libre monitor) :(

I guess I am just going to have to wait a few weeks before testing out the App. Does anyone else use the LibreLink app with their sensors?

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Hi @AJCLARK and welcome to the forum. I use the LibreLink app. I start a new sensor with the reader then within an hour of starting the new sensor I scan with the LibreLink app on my phone. It has to be done within the 1st hour after staring

barrym

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
You can only have ONE phone connected at a time too. Not too much of a problem, but I recently wanted to connect a second only to discover that one at a time is all!
Like porl69 says, start it with your reader, then scan with your phone. I do mine immediately just so I don't forget and lose phone access which is my main device.

jlarsson

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
mods who selectively modify posts for explicit language that isn't explicit
You can only have ONE phone connected at a time too. Not too much of a problem, but I recently wanted to connect a second only to discover that one at a time is all!
Like porl69 says, start it with your reader, then scan with your phone. I do mine immediately just so I don't forget and lose phone access which is my main device.
Have you verified that this is exclusive to the LibreLink app or is it to the sensor itself? I haven't used xDrip or any of the others myself but have been curious about running different apps on different devices for the purpose of building something better for myself(and then of course share it with everyone else once it works) and always assumed the device ID was just stored in the sensor itself(and vice versa) and had enough space to register quite a lot of them, so if 2 is the limit that would be very disappointing.

barrym

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm pretty sure it's librelink that has the restriction. I have used two or three other apps on the same and different phones at the same time.