Carptastic

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Needles :)
Hi All,
i have been lucky enough to start the freestyle libre programme last week i had to watch the training video etc all online (im not a very techy person) but i managed it :) i have just completed my first week an im amazed to see how many ups an downs ive had both day an night(im type1 i forgot to mention).
since i was diagnosed it was a hell of a shock,i keep saying ive never been governed like this before but i was feeling really bad with my emotions the depression has set in yes more meds for that to!!
the nurse has said its hard as she cant see anyone atm also due to covid,but shes been really good at the end of the phone.
im hoping i get it back on track now no missing injections and throwing moodies at everyone who crosses my path,on the upside i got married the end of october to i dont know how the hell she puts up with me :) ;)

johnincrete

Type of diabetes
Type 2
It's brilliant! I'm type 2 and living in Greece where Freestyle Libre is free only to type 1 so I'm paying 60Euro twice a month! The only problem is keeping the sensor stuck on! The last one got loosened in the shower and pulled off when I took off a T-shirt later. You can't refit them! Any ideas on how to protect the sensor?

Reactions: Carptastic

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
@johnincrete If you call Abbot/Libre, if they fall off, they usually will replace at least a couple if not more of them. I use Skin Tac, I'm not sure how available Skin Tac is for you, it's on ebay here in the US. But Libre will supply you a small list of suggestions when you call to help keep it on.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
It's brilliant! I'm type 2 and living in Greece where Freestyle Libre is free only to type 1 so I'm paying 60Euro twice a month! The only problem is keeping the sensor stuck on! The last one got loosened in the shower and pulled off when I took off a T-shirt later. You can't refit them! Any ideas on how to protect the sensor?

Hi,

I'm not one of the "20%" of T1s in the UK (to date.) eligible to be prescribed the Libre on the NHS.
However, I place mine inside the arm. Less chance of hair. I normally fit mine after bathing exfoliating the choosen site.
When dry, clean the area again with the wipe that comes with the kit & alow to dry, you can speed stuff up with a hairdryer?
Now the longest I've managed to keep a sensor on (as an experiment after use is 3 more additional days. (17 in total.)
I've never lost one prematurely.
Some people cover the sensor with tape.
Because I use a Bluetooth bridge scanning my sensor & transmitting to my device every 5 minutes.
I use this, but they can be got shaped to protect just the sensor.?

The tranmitter is waterproof, but I normally remove the band when bathing. I've also found since using it I don't get that dark ring on the skin when the sensor is removed? (I wear a fair bit of dark clothing.)

Hope this helps.?

image.jpeg

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi All,
i have been lucky enough to start the freestyle libre programme last week i had to watch the training video etc all online (im not a very techy person) but i managed it :) i have just completed my first week an im amazed to see how many ups an downs ive had both day an night(im type1 i forgot to mention).
since i was diagnosed it was a hell of a shock,i keep saying ive never been governed like this before but i was feeling really bad with my emotions the depression has set in yes more meds for that to!!
the nurse has said its hard as she cant see anyone atm also due to covid,but shes been really good at the end of the phone.
im hoping i get it back on track now no missing injections and throwing moodies at everyone who crosses my path,on the upside i got married the end of october to i dont know how the hell she puts up with me :) ;)

Hi,

Ricocheting BGs can affect the way you feel. Being able to read the "arrows" & pre-empt any errant drifts does make life a little easier.
To be fair, if you've been recently diagnosed. It will take a little while to adjust.

Congratulations on your recent matrimony. :)

Carptastic

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Needles :)
Thanks Jaylee!i should of done it alot sooner :)
ive been one of the lucky ones with my libre being free for which im very greatfull to the NHS ive got nothing but praise for them :)

Reactions: Marie 2

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks Jaylee!i should of done it alot sooner :)
ive been one of the lucky ones with my libre being free for which im very greatfull to the NHS ive got nothing but praise for them :)

Hey, don't get me wrong. :) (As I just mentioned on another topic.) The NHS fixed my "macula oedema." :cool:

These devices are great. Lol, I was diagnosed in a time when we peed in a test tube & "used the force.."
Things are far more "civilised."