1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Freestyle Libre not working?

Discussion in 'Blood Glucose Monitoring' started by Veyron_GTR, Feb 12, 2020.

1. SueJB

SueJB Type 1 · Well-Known Member

This is a really interesting thread. I'm on my 2nd Libre 2 sensor. The first one was faulty and I kept getting various error messages, including no sensor found. Abbott replaced it and didn't want the faulty one.
    The 2nd sensor will scan but the alarms don't function, I'm getting error messages
    Alarms unavailable due to one or more of the following
    Channel notifications disabled
    Lock screen notifications disabled
    Notification sounds disabled
    Sound and pop up notifications disabled

Anyone any idea how to fix this?????? I can't find any of these on my phone Samsung Galaxy A20e

2. NickySt

NickySt · Newbie

3. NickySt

NickySt · Newbie

This was a most helpful thread as I think the nfc issue applies to me. Only issue is I’m not THAT technical and I have an iPhone SE which doesn’t have a switch to shut down / restart nfc to re-set. Any ideas?

I did call Abbot and they say it’s a sensor failure. (The call centre said it definitely wasn’t my phone , but I’m fairly sure it is as I have now applied a new sensor and still no joy)

Any help gratefully received!

4. Hopeful34

Hopeful34 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Is it the original iPhone SE, or the 2020 version? A quick google said that if it's the 2020 one, you can't turn NFC off and on.

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook