Freestyle Libre Notification.

Bud1979

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I have just had a notification letter from Greater Glasgow and Clyde health board inviting me to book a class for the introduction to the Fs Libre but the web site listen has no mention of this class, and the contact listed has a constantly engaged telephone. So things are on the up . Great news .

smc4761

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
good news for you. I am with Lanarkshire and got my Libre just over a week ago.

Libre is getting rolled out but its pretty slow, only 24 in Lanarkshire so far

Handed my prescription in though and it took them 5 days to get the sensor

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Be pleased it’s happening, however slowly! Over my way it is not going to happen any time soon.

Reactions: Sibyl

buckmr2

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Exercise
About half way through my trial (Durham CCG?)
A few chemists say around 5 days for sensors but Cohen's chemists usually get them within a day.

suk

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People judging my condition not knowing enough about it.
I live in Bedfordshire and we have no hope!! So frustrating

Peppergirl

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I've managed to be the first person to be approved for the libre on prescription by Cheshire West CCG. Criteria was > 8 tests per day and approval for a pump. Pharmacist hadn't seen a prescription for it before (first script handwritten by the hospital).

Reactions: Sibyl

suk

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
You’re so lucky! I’ve just checked my PDM and the stats show that my average reads per day is 8. I doubt I’ll qualify for the Libre so will have to pay ☹️

smc4761

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
These are just guidlelines, dont be afraid to ask.

I also enrolled the help of my local MSP and have put some extra pressure on my local health board. It cant do any harm going down that route.

The benefits of the Libre far outweigh the cost, and the cost difference between strips and the Libre are not that far apart

suk

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Thank you, I will try that.

Reactions: paganlady
Type of diabetes
Type 1
NHS Lothian will give you Freestyle Libre on prescription as long as you meet a few conditions, the main one being attending a DAFNE course. I started a couple of months ago and so far have had no problems getting my prescription fulfilled. It looks like NHS Scotland is ahead of NHS the rest of the U.K.

Copernicus

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I completed a DAFNE course a few years ago and my CCG will still not supply the Libre even though my consultant agrees that I should get it as my control is near perfect now thanks to the Libre.

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I completed a DAFNE course a few years ago and my CCG will still not supply the Libre even though my consultant agrees that I should get it as my control is near perfect now thanks to the Libre.

That’s your problem lol! If you were not perfect you’d probably get it.