FREESTYLE LIBRE ON SALE!!!!

phoenix

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Well have downloaded software when I went to install it it asked for the language preference.
I'm a bit concerned though because although Norton said it was virus free when I went to run it said that it detected and quarantined a threat

Filename: maslaunchclient.freestylelibre.exe
Threat name: SONAR.Heuristic.120
The program still starts, I can't see if it's working until I get the device.
Why is nothing ever simple?

Alasdair

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
This has been in my mind fir days now. sitting reading all this on my lunch at work and I genuinely have goosebumps! I'm very excited for you all (and jealous) - your poor little fingers will be thanking you after being stabbed for years. Must feel strange?

smidge

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
OK, I'm on countdown!

First impressions - easy to apply, but not totally pain free- a little discomfort, but not as bad as a flu jab - but that might be because I'm a needle wimp and I made the mistake of looking inside the applicator - I expected to see a tiny little filament to reassure myself but instead, there's a bloody big needle! No-one told me that!!! Seriously, it's not that big, but if you don't like needles, don't look in the applicator! No pain or discomfort now it's on though. I've put my tee shirt back over it, but I can't stop myself touching it to make sure it's still there!

Other impressions:
No Freestyle test strips, so you can't check it against the blood meter or check that part of the system is worrking unless you normally use those strips.
It doesn't let you set your target range below 3.9mmol - I wanted to set mine to 3.6mmol as that's what I use as my lowest acceptable reading (even DAFNE agrees with me on that!)
The reader is about half charged when it arrives, so put it on charge as soon as possible.

That's it for now.

Smidge

Reactions: 6 people

smidge

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
@phoenix - that doesn't necessarily mean it's a virus. The way virus checkers work means they sometimes get false positives - they use heuristic matching to detect strings that are potential viruses, malware, spyware etc. I'm not saying this is the case, but if they've included any code for advertising, collecting non user-identifiable data etc, it could be picked up by a virus checker with heuristic checking switched on.

Smidge

Reactions: 2 people

logindetails

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Neuropathy :-(
First reading in.

Blood tests done at the same time:
Freestyle Libre Blood test = 4.9
Contour Next USB = 5.2

Libre scan test done 10-15 minutes later = 2.6
Contour Next USB (taken directly after above) = 5.1

OOohEErr! :facepalm:

phoenix

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Thank you @smidge
My OH has just said much the same thing and that at least it shows my virus checker is doing it's job. If the program doesn't work. I suppose I'll have to get it out of quarantine.

Danaemac

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People who think they know what you need before you do
What test strips and ketone strips do I need to order ? I know it will tell me in the manual somewhere but Going to head down to the Drs to change them just now after picking up 200 aviva first of course !!!

D

Deleted member 83869

I've not read this thread properly so dont know if someone has said this or not....but when will it be available on NHS or whatever? Or will we forever have to fork out for all of this stuff?? I would defo benefit one!

Danaemac

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People who think they know what you need before you do
Nothing as yet about funding unfortunately its got to be in the pipeline though

logindetails

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
What test strips and ketone strips do I need to order ? I know it will tell me in the manual somewhere but Going to head down to the Drs to change them just now after picking up 200 aviva first of course !!!
Freestyle Optium strips for BS
PIP code 287-9922
&
Freestyle Optium B-Ketone strips (B = the sign for Beta)
PIP code 323-7773

Reactions: 5 people

logindetails

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I've not read this thread properly so dont know if someone has said this or not....but when will it be available on NHS or whatever? Or will we forever have to fork out for all of this stuff?? I would defo benefit one!
An Abbott rep told me that the are still in discussions with the NHS.

Reactions: 3 people

igmr

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin

Couple of weeks back I convinced Abbott to give me a Neo meter and my GP to prescribe test strips for that - which are the same ones as the Libre reader uses.

So, freestyle optium glucose and ketone strips.

Interestingly, the surgery admin was pushing me to swap to some really cheap and nasty strips. Once I told my GP I was going for the Libre he was more than happy override his admin and sort the strips for me.

I'm all set up, ready to go the moment the Libre arrives. Can't wait.

Now all I need is the access code the neo to sort out the bolus calculator (WHY does Abbot think I can't do that) and, if appropriate, for the Libre.

PS, software loaded fine on my PC - Windows 7 - but I did turn off the virus checker first.

smidge

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Just scanned: 7.4 (that's two hours after lunch) and it shows an up arrow meaning my BG is rising fast eeek!
Tested on the Accuchek mobile immediately before the scan and it was 7.2. So basically a perfect match!

Smidge

cally

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Well It has arrived!
Sensor is in and felt about the same as putting in Inset II. Now it is in I can't feel it at all.
I am a bit worried about catching it on something and pulling it out! Especially when I am at work as I have to wear a uniform with short sleeves .
I may have to wear a bit of tubular bandage over it.

6 minutes to go!

supp

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Ok... So, I ordered Friday evening and received no emails whatsoever regarding delivery. But it arrived today.

In regards to sticking the sensor back down if it comes loose.. I'm going to have some "New Skin Liquid Plaster" on hand. It's basically a waterproof, antibacterial superglue!

cally

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
First scan was 7.4 with arrow showing going up slowly. Contour next shows 8.1 so not bad I suppose.

MushyPeaBrain

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
My first sensor failed :arghh:

I followed all instructions really carefully and when I pushed down inserter I felt the needle slightly. Not painful just felt it. Pulled inserter off and sensor was still inside - not on me. Gutted. Abbott are replacing it but I'm nervous about trying other one now. I pushed down hard too.