FREESTYLE LIBRE ON SALE!!!!

pinewood

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Also, it's been exactly 14 days since my last order but it still won't let me order and gives me the error message "You cannot purchase products already ordered within the last 14 day(s)". Has anyone else had this problem? Do you have to wait until day 15?

Last edited by a moderator:

LucySW

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
My first sensor ran high. Usually only 2-3 mmols higher than my meters but occasionally much more, especially at higher levels.

My second sensor is also running high but is at least being consistent and is generally always only 1-2 mmols or so higher than my meters.

It seems odd that this has happened to me twice and I know that, for most people, Libre runs lower rather than higher.

Do you think this could suggest that my interstitial glucose levels are generally higher than my blood glucose levels or is that a stupid thought as they will always be the same except for the time lag?
It is odd to have it run high. Yes, usually it's low. A couple of my sensors often crossed over from low to high, which was really annoying.

I doubt it means your IFG is seriously exceptional - but I don't have anything else to offer, except that from time to time I had a faultless Libre sensor, and I'm sure you will too. It IS annoying - but use the trend data !!

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Not to disagree with you @LucySW, but I disagree with you. You may see mostly low readings, but the wider audience hasn't seen consistently low or high. @Emmotha and I have both seen it reading higher than bloods quite regularly.

Emmotha

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
What do you all make of this? About 2hours after my tea, I felt a little low, so I scanned, tested BG on my usual Mobile and then checked on the Libre built-in meter - and then repeated - really exasperated by the results:

22:10 - Scan 2.6 with horizontal arrow, Mobile 4.5, Libre built-in 2.8

Now, I felt lower than the Mobile but not as low as the scan and Libre built-in. So I decided to check all three again:

22:13 - Scan 3.0 with horizontal arrow, Mobile 3.4, Libre built-in 3.6.

I gave up and corrected the low BG. I know meters can differ, but that's just too random for me!

Given how I felt, I suspect the mid 3s was about right.

Smidge
Hey smidge

Glad u're giving it another go :)

I have found sometimes that my scan detects a hypo before my blood tests. Strange!

Reactions: 3 people

Emmotha

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Not to disagree with you @LucySW, but I disagree with you. You may see mostly low readings, but the wider audience hasn't seen consistently low or high. @Emmotha and I have both seen it reading higher than bloods quite regularly.
Definitely have seen that as well. I'm definitely picking up on patterns at different times of the day / different levels of activity

obates

Thanks @obates !
What do you mean by 'rubbish' readings the first 12 hours? My worst sensor switched from indicating 20,1 to 10,9 within 5 minutes and was giving reading errors most of the times (I took it off after 24 hours). Was it that bad, or just some mmol out?

Cheerz!

Sensor was showing low readings thru the night 2.8 or Lo every time i scanned and then on the graph in the morning. Compared with bg readings between 4.8 and 5.6. So then in the morning it started to show higher than bg monitor by about 4 - 5 mmol. Then i took the plaster off as i read that it can cause over heating and therefore faulty readings. After about 20 mins it was spot on with the meter.

My first sensor on the arm was showing low readings through the first night too so i think thats just what it does....

On the other note, wearing it on a leg gives pretty accurate readings. Id say maybe 0.3 to 0.5 out usually higher than my meter but im happy with this. It was pretty much the same on the arm. I did some cycling earlier to see if it would have an impact on sensor. Readings on sensor was 4.8 with arrow down and my bg showed 4.2. Im not obsessing about the differences and i find trends are very useful.

Reactions: 2 people

Hill28

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Uhm..diabetes
Thanks again! Not obsessed with small differences either. Might try it on my leg once the soccer season is over.

Interesting too to see covering can overheat the sensor.

obates

I think that applies for plasters only. Presumably it is all sealed and the padding provides insulation? Im not sure if that was the case tho but it definately was working wrong with it over sensor. I read others cover with opsite but i have not tried that as currently it sits quite solidly on my leg lol.

Forgot to mention that it was quite stingy when applied new sensor on a thigh and lasted for about 5 mins afterwards. Comparing to my arm where i felt nothing... no blood tho

smidge

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hey smidge

Glad u're giving it another go :)

I have found sometimes that my scan detects a hypo before my blood tests. Strange!

Thanks Emmotha. I'm still struggling with a skin irritation from the sensor, but I'm trying different barriers in the hope of finding one that works!

Smidge

Hill28

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Uhm..diabetes
**** it. Got my defect sensor replaced this week. Put the replacement on yesterday and it just started with the '10 minutes not available' ****. Then after some hours tried again and got the message that the sensor did not work and that I should put a new one on. Which I obviously don't have.

The order and delivery process has really gotten worse and slower since more people got acces to it. I also have the problem that you can not order after 14 days but only after 15. And I guess the replacement order restarted the 15 day count.

I gotta call Abbot now, but it seems they have got new procedures regarding replacement of sensors. I think beacause some people have been sending sensors back without real problems..which makes abbot also careful towards cases like this. What a mess..

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Interesting. My experience is that they've sorted the ordering process. I ordered Monday and it was delivered yesterday within 48 hours.

smidge

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
**** it. Got my defect sensor replaced this week. Put the replacement on yesterday and it just started with the '10 minutes not available' ****. Then after some hours tried again and got the message that the sensor did not work and that I should put a new one on. Which I obviously don't have.

The order and delivery process has really gotten worse and slower since more people got acces to it. I also have the problem that you can not order after 14 days but only after 15. And I guess the replacement order restarted the 15 day count.

I gotta call Abbot now, but it seems they have got new procedures regarding replacement of sensors. I think beacause some people have been sending sensors back without real problems..which makes abbot also careful towards cases like this. What a mess..

When they replaced my last sensor, they told me that as soon as they place the replacement order, I will not be able to order for 15 days. I think the quality of the information and response to a bad sensor is really dependent on the quality of the individual you speak to unfortunately.

Smidge

pinewood

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Was really sad to take off my sensor tonight! It's been spot on the last week. Every time I've compared to a finger prick it's been within +0.5mmol. I actually don't mind it being that tiny bit higher because if anything it means my average (currently reading 5.8mmol) is probably too high.

Fingers crossed # 3 is as good.

Do most people switch arms? I've applied my third one to the same arm but each one has been in a slightly different position (it's now higher up the arm). I'm planning to apply #4 to my upper thigh as I'll be on holiday and don't want it on show.

Also, I can't believe people have problems with them sticking! I've literally had to rip mine off at the end of the 14 days...and that's with 2-3 showers a day, regular swimming and lots of sweaty running!

pinewood

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
When they replaced my last sensor, they told me that as soon as they place the replacement order, I will not be able to order for 15 days. I think the quality of the information and response to a bad sensor is really dependent on the quality of the individual you speak to unfortunately.

Smidge
Yes, the website physically won't let you place another order until the 15th day after your previous order (or a replacement).

obates

Was really sad to take off my sensor tonight! It's been spot on the last week. Every time I've compared to a finger prick it's been within +0.5mmol. I actually don't mind it being that tiny bit higher because if anything it means my average (currently reading 5.8mmol) is probably too high.

Fingers crossed # 3 is as good.

Do most people switch arms? I've applied my third one to the same arm but each one has been in a slightly different position (it's now higher up the arm). I'm planning to apply #4 to my upper thigh as I'll be on holiday and don't want it on show.

Also, I can't believe people have problems with them sticking! I've literally had to rip mine off at the end of the 14 days...and that's with 2-3 showers a day, regular swimming and lots of sweaty running!

How long on average you were swimming? I was worried to go swimming with sensor on the leg, but now its nearly ended so I might try it. It seems to be stuck ok just the edge a bit worn off and Im thinking what if it comes off whilst in the pool.. would it sink? lol

LucySW

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Oh how lovely the Libre is. Coming back to a sensor after six weeks off, and immediately I can see that these high morning BGs I've been having are not a basal breakdown, but early morning liver dumps that just need a tiny correction dose. Happiness! No more worry that I'm Sick and my world is ending !

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Into the last 24 hours of what has been a good sensor and it's decided not to play fair.

This is the graph

647516519adae895cd31848b2f367885.jpg

And this is the blood tests.

bab6c55a32d6e1b65531629165d919a4.jpg

4494be6ef81657537ac155b09456fbe6.jpg

The sensor wasn't aware that my BG level was low! Whoops.

misswhiplash

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Into the last 24 hours of what has been a good sensor and it's decided not to play fair.

This is the graph

647516519adae895cd31848b2f367885.jpg

And this is the blood tests.

bab6c55a32d6e1b65531629165d919a4.jpg

4494be6ef81657537ac155b09456fbe6.jpg

The sensor wasn't aware that my BG level was low! Whoops.

Still pretty close, though...

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Depends on your point of view. 3.3 v 4.3 is still a variance on the blood level of 30% or on the ISF level of 23%, both of which are a long way from the 15% MARD reference.