FREESTYLE LIBRE ON SALE!!!!

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm only on my second sensor, but for closer interrogation than the Abbott software allows, I just export the data and manipulate it in Excel to provide the information/feedback I prefer.

Reactions: 4 people

pinewood

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Does anyone know how to edit or delete old notes? The software on the reader seems very dated and impractical.

Thanks
Agreed. I'm looking forward to the release of the new Dexcom which will do away with a reader altogether and transmit directly to iPhone/watch (though not looking forward to funding it...)

nikkid

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Agreed. I'm looking forward to the release of the new Dexcom which will do away with a reader altogether and transmit directly to iPhone/watch (though not looking forward to funding it...)

Have I been hiding under a rock- when is this available?!

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
It's a shame really it doesn't alert you when you high or low like a dexcom
And if it did your up front cost would be similar to the Dexcom. It does alert you that you are going high or low, as long as you scan the button.

pinewood

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Have I been hiding under a rock- when is this available?!
They filed it for approval in the US in February and the general consensus is that it will be available there by the end of this year. Not sure how that translates to the UK market. Anyone know if the previous generation Dexcom CGMs were available in the UK at the same time as they were released in the US or was there a delay for UK/EU approvals?

G6 is also in development and the main aim with that one is to get rid of the finger prick calibration.

Hill28

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Uhm..diabetes
Careful if your sensor has serienumbers: 0M000025ENH, 0M00002560W, 0M00002GRT0 und 0M00002EKR8.

They might give false high readings. I saw somebody posted the link, but not the actual serienumbers before. Just checked my new sensor and fortunately it has not one of these serienumbers.

Instead of Compeed, this time I used a B-brand (Kruidvat) underlayer. It's just like Compeed, but cheaper. Compeed was sold out, Hansaplast as well..:s Hope this will not screw up my sensor.

Update:
Yes it's working!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 2 people

Insulin_junky

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi, I've been using the Libre since November (just as I was diagnosed - it has helped so much!) got 4 or 5 sensors in and started getting reactions like others on this forum.

Thanks to whoever posted it first, I have been using blister plasters (with success) to prevent the dermatitis. However, unbelievably the reactions are happening again now.

The bister plasters cover a bigger surface area than the Libre, but when I remove them perfectly circular red itchy mess underneath.

I've tried various combo's of opsite, cavilon, different types of blister plaster and so on.

Has anyone found anything else I could try? Otherwise i have had enough, I will have to try braving it without the Libre, which I've not much experience doing....

Thanks for any help!

pinewood

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have a small gap in my graph even though during that period I was scanning regularly. Any ideas?!

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have a small gap in my graph even though during that period I was scanning regularly. Any ideas?!

Have you tried looking at the underlying data? Secondly, have you looked at the event log?

Either or both of those might give you an insight.

TOMJC

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I keep knocking the sensor off my arm. I have it on the outside towards the back quite high up on my arm. Every time it has been knocked off is because I have scraped it on a door or corner of a wall. I think the inside of my arm would be a good option as it won't really catch on anything. Just wondering if anyone has had any experience of applying the sensor here? If not, any advice or recommendations? Thanks very much

Hill28

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Uhm..diabetes
@TOMJC If you use your inner arm you will hit your Biceps which might not be very relaxing..

I have been putting my last 3 or 4 sensors on my upper leg, a bit towards the outside. It can only get caught if you carry luggage or a bag or something, or if you are searching for a coin in your pockets and you accidentely grab the sensor..but seriously your legs are a good option to try. Also covering the sensor with a bit of tape (hansaplast) after some days (when the sensor gets less sticky) is worth a try.

finney

I keep knocking the sensor off my arm. I have it on the outside towards the back quite high up on my arm. Every time it has been knocked off is because I have scraped it on a door or corner of a wall. I think the inside of my arm would be a good option as it won't really catch on anything. Just wondering if anyone has had any experience of applying the sensor here? If not, any advice or recommendations? Thanks very much
Tom
I was advised a few weeks ago on this site (thanks Guys) to try my centre to inner thigh. works a treat and much easier to visually check it is still there. It did drop off on day 13 as I had Tegaderm patch on it that came unstuck and I decided to try without a sticky. I expect it also had dodgy glue. Tricia

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Well another sensor bites the dust. Since yesterday afternoon, it has been reading considerably lower than BGs have been, to the extent that it was reporting LO when I was experiencing a mild hypo at 3.8 (So only a gap of 1.6). It continued to read very low, with a sensor reading of 3.6 versus a blood reading of 5.8 and achieved a maximum variation of a sensor reading at 3.8 and a blood reading at 7.2. Up until a nap yesterday afternoon it had been doing so well! Then before bed last night it reckoned I was hypo at 2.3, when I was seeing 5.5 and something similar this morning. The graph directions all made sense, but the spot readings were massively out and wrong...

Fun times with Abbott support it will be then, and three days left on the sensor.

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Tom
I was advised a few weeks ago on this site (thanks Guys) to try my centre to inner thigh. works a treat and much easier to visually check it is still there. It did drop off on day 13 as I had Tegaderm patch on it that came unstuck and I decided to try without a sticky. I expect it also had dodgy glue. Tricia

Oh boy. Doesn't that positioning rather cramp your scanning style, or are you over the uber-scanning phase??

I can't imagine myself, trundling round Tesco, or on my way to a business meeting, lifting my leg to scan round my girlie bits. :confused:

I'm sitting here chuckling away, but I think I'll give that particular position a miss.

Reactions: 6 people

L3wisr

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Does the needle turn into a thread or something when removed?

Insulin_junky

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Does the needle turn into a thread or something when removed?
libre removed.jpg

Here is the sensor with the sticky bit removed.

Little brown plastic electrode strip is left in the arm. you don't really feel it.

Reactions: 2 people

June_C

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes, know it alls
I'm now on my third sensor and like the other two it's reading 1.0mmol lower than my actual bg. Does anyone else have these lower readings?

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
What's your bg right now? If three sensors on the trot are reading 1mmol/l lower its possible that is a feature of your interstitial fluid.