FREESTYLE LIBRE ON SALE!!!!

robert72

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Whilst I have not had any fall off yet, I would agree they they seem to be less sticky recently - I have found them easier to remove.

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'll have to check. They don't seem to like sweat.
I've just put a new one on today, so mildly interested. Mine seems firmly in situ for now, albeit, running a bit higher than my testing, but I'll give it time.

pinewood

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
How frustrating to have it fall off again! I've been really lucky - have never had one come off before the 2 weeks despite running, going to the gym, sauna, steam, swimming .... and sticking it to a Compeed rather than my skin. I do cover it with a square of Opsite after the first week, have you given that a try?

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
How frustrating to have it fall off again! I've been really lucky - have never had one come off before the 2 weeks despite running, going to the gym, sauna, steam, swimming .... and sticking it to a Compeed rather than my skin. I do cover it with a square of Opsite after the first week, have you given that a try?
I've tried covering with tegaderm. I find that it traps moisture and therefore affects the stickiness of the sensor.:banghead:

encore1332

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
not nice stuff
Is there a difference between the first two sensors you get with the starter kit and the separate ones you order as replacements? im only on my second one which came with the meter, the first one hurt trying to tear it of my skin after two weeks and this second one seems the same. It will be interesting to see the replacement ones I get.

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Is there a difference between the first two sensors you get with the starter kit and the separate ones you order as replacements? im only on my second one which came with the meter, the first one hurt trying to tear it of my skin after two weeks and this second one seems the same. It will be interesting to see the replacement ones I get.
All the sensors are manufactured in the same place, however, they are not all the same, as many of us have found...

TOMJC

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

How does the sensor deal with the sauna and steam room? I would have thought the temp in both would have been way higher than the max operating temp of the sensor?

pinewood

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
How does the sensor deal with the sauna and steam room? I would have thought the temp in both would have been way higher than the max operating temp of the sensor?
It's been absolutely fine, from my experience. I obviously haven't tried scanning it whilst in the sauna or steam room, and I'm sure I'd get a max. temperature error message if I did (which I had when I was lying in the sun on holiday) ... but it's never gone on to affect the accuracy or adhesion for me.

Jackie100

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I am soooo shocked just emailed abbots about not receiving my sensors that I ordered last week and shock horror they got back to me within ten mins so surprised and they also phoned me and got it sorted straight away lol

finney

1) I registered in December and I was invited to purchase in March.

2) I have only had a couple of inaccurate sensors and Abbott replaced them immediately. On the whole, it's proven to be VERY accurate for me and accuracy is, in my opinion, the single most important thing. I still finger prick one or two times a day (especially for the first few days of starting a new sensor, when I might test 3 or 4 times a day) - 99% of the time the finger pricks are very close, or identical to, the Libre reading. I definitely think it's worth it. I removed my last sensor Saturday and didn't put my new one on until Sunday - I honestly felt completely lost without it during that small gap! Without meaning to be over-the-top, it's changed my life.
I had planned to use it now and again to gain more control. Sadly it is not that easy. Yesterday without my new sensor inserted, after a carb counted desert I went to 21. With the sensor in and Sugar Surfing, that would never have happened. Mi was desparate for the delivery today. It has changed my life too

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
I've suspected this since I switched to Novorapid (many years ago) as well. It doesn't seem to match it's published profile at all.
None of them really are particularly fast acting. Apidra, Novorapid or Humalog. Most people with CGM have had similar results. I do get a faster action when going intramuscular though. It's about ten minutes.

Reactions: 2 people

ConradJ

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
The hassle and ignorance of diabetes.
Yes, but I wonder if Novorapid and other recent insulins' profiles are sufficiently improved to justify patients switching to them, or if they were a bit misleading when marketing these things, to perhaps get more market share? As far as I know, the whole marketing push for Novorapid was about being able to inject AT meal times rather than before.

Also, while I still have hypo awareness on newer insulins, it does seem to be a bit more subtle than the old insulins. So if the profile really isn't better(?), then it could make sense to switch back.

Ahh, that's good to know. Thanks!

In my experience, Novorapid's performance varies greatly depending upon an equally vast range of conditions.

If I'm in a sedentary week, I usually need to bolus it around 35 to 45 minutes before having bread or toast, but during more active periods I need to halve that lead time for the same.

Different foods, injection sites, activity levels, general health, etc, etc, etc all appear to affect the speed of absorption, peak performance and effectiveness... not something that appears to have been openly expressed to the wider PWD community.

Reactions: 2 people

asyarlk

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Has anyone put their libre sensor on their stomach? About to put a new one on and considering a change of site.

Am I right in saying the dexcom reads Interstitial fluid and goes on the stomach so surely the libre should work there too?

Jackie100

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Your lucky you have some sensors lol I ordered mine over a week ago and still not turned up emailed them last week which they answered straight away and said they were on there way but still nothing ;(

pinewood

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Has anyone put their libre sensor on their stomach? About to put a new one on and considering a change of site.

Am I right in saying the dexcom reads Interstitial fluid and goes on the stomach so surely the libre should work there too?
I haven't but there are plenty of people who have and no reason it won't work just as well as any other location. I still use my upper leg and it's been really accurate.