FREESTYLE LIBRE ON SALE!!!!

smidge

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Mine have both been pretty well stuck. My first one only came off on the penultimate day because I caught it on a door frame at just the right angle to ping it off - and I don't think that's a fault with the sticky - just my clumsiness!

Smidge

Sideburnt

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
There ARE many reports of them coming off though. I guess it depends on skin type etc. I would certainly try without tape but be prepared for the possibility

I'll second that, I'm more sweaty than the average person for sure and I think the CGM sensors have more bordering sticky stuff to stay on.

I've brought some Skin-tac wipes that I really struggled to find stocked in the UK. They're supposed to both make the initial adhesion better and more secure. The only place I could find them was on a Transvestite site for sticking Silicone breasts down. I got my box of Skin-tac wrapped in a lovely pink crate paper wrap with a nice shiney sticker on the top. Check my fancy self out.

I've got a replacement sensor and some other spare sensors arriving today, with another Gym session on Monday so I'll see how I get on again.

Reactions: 6 people

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'll second that, I'm more sweaty than the average person for sure and I think the CGM sensors have more bordering sticky stuff to stay on.

I've brought some Skin-tac wipes that I really struggled to find stocked in the UK. They're supposed to both make the initial adhesion better and more secure. The only place I could find them was on a Transvestite site for sticking Silicone breasts down. I got my box of Skin-tac wrapped in a lovely pink crate paper wrap with a nice shiney sticker on the top. Check my fancy self out.

I've got a replacement sensor and some other spare sensors arriving today, with another Gym session on Monday so I'll see how I get on again.

Haha! You get skintac wipes on Amazon, just for future reference!

robert72

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
The nice folks at Abbott are going to send me a new sensor, as my second one has been so unpredictable :)

Reactions: 2 people

logindetails

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Neuropathy :-(
vR0RTkm.jpg

Reactions: 6 people

Smileylisa70

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Bad manners
My partner just got his today and it was showing levels of 2 then dropped to low but he was not feeling hypo so done a test with his normal monitor and it was 8.9. Does it even out otherwise it seems pointless if not giving a true picture as it says he's been hypo twice in 5 hours and he hasn't.

robert72

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
My partner just got his today and it was showing levels of 2 then dropped to low but he was not feeling hypo so done a test with his normal monitor and it was 8.9. Does it even out otherwise it seems pointless if not giving a true picture as it says he's been hypo twice in 5 hours and he hasn't.
Sounds like a dud - he should call Abbott for a replacement:
008000 - 2255 232
8am-6pm (Mon-Fri)
8am-1pm (Sat)

logindetails

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Neuropathy :-(
Like Rob says, probably a dud. He can't ring Abbott until Monday so tell him to leave the sensor on until then as they have been known to take a few days to start working properly.
Some users are applying the sensors up to 48 hours before starting them - sort of priming them before use - early days to say if this actually works or not.

Smileylisa70

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Bad manners
Thanks. Looking forward to the next few days hoping it will deliver the results we expect.

darrenh04

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have had 3 deliveries now and they have all be 4/5 days from the order appearing on my account. I had a replacement that I was told would be sent but it didn't come. After a week I chased and within a day the order was on my account and delivery followed in 4 days.

I would check your account and if it isn't on there chase them. If it is I would give it 5 days as it is an international delivery.

Thomson54

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm getting increasingly disappointed with the libre. That's two sensors stopped working now, waiting delivery of more but what is point if I can't rely on them? The meter itself goes off if I try to use a test strip then after about three attempts works but resets the clock on the meter by 12 hours, loses the previous twelve hours of information and makes the graphs unreliable. The touch screen works when it feels like it. In short, nothing works the way it should.
They are sending me a new meter but I'm dubious about the whole system after all the malfunctions.