FREESTYLE LIBRE ON SALE!!!!

phoenix

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I've had mine working for about 3hours,
I wasn't too far out to start with so I thought great (well apart from the horrid spike this morning which it recorded beautifully)
However, it's just read
65mgd/l, (that's 3.6mmol/l)
BG star says 117 mg/dl (I think this reads high)
old one touch (with possibly out of date strips) 5,7mmol/l (102mg/dl)
so I'm not anywhere near hypo
Now 62mg/dl ; one touch says 5.1
Interesting as they agree that it's falling but they are almost 2mmol/l apart)

ElyDave

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Seems a consistent offset, but well within the accepted tolerance of these meters. Abbot are not claiming any better accuracy are they?

supp

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Just received a call back from Abbott. They are sending me a replacement due to the discomfort I'm experiencing. The best guess from them is I've hit a nerve.
They want the used one posting back.

They say that they recommend the back of the upper arm because there isn't many nerves in that area.

I didn't ask for a replacement. Simply told them I'm having pain with this one.

Reactions: 5 people

Emmotha

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@smidge thanks for the info, really useful to know what the arrows mean as mines generally flat and I was confused :)

@supp I bet u will be glad to remove that one! How is the arm?

@pheonix mine took 2 days to get that accurate, and 3 to be useable, so hopefully it will settle soon :)

supp

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Emmotha

Still numb and hurty! Just worried that the next one I put in is no better! Was gonna try the inside of my upper arm as I here that's where the Abbott reps have put theirs

Emmotha

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi all.
How do My readings look? My goal is set between 4 and 8.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    924.9 KB · Views: 288
Reactions: 4 people

Sideburnt

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
After nearly 4 days of use I can say that the first 24hours the meter was unusable and constantly reported 2-2.5mmol/l lower than actual readings especially overnight. Gradually the meter has aligned itself to much more accurate scans over thr followign 48h that often are within at most .5mmol/l of a finger prick test. (Accu-check Mobile) In situation where I'm exercising or having just eaten I find that the lag is a lot more visible and is sometimes off by 1mmol/l as it shows a delay in a rise or hasn'r caught up with a drop yet which I am okay with.

My only two questons at this point is whether I can wear a second sensor at the same time as the last day of a first sensor, to elimintae the 24h 'warm up' that seems to happen. I also want to know if I can use two scanners at once so I can keep a spare. I'll probably ring at some point, but if anyone knows the answer to these questions I'd be very grateful.

smidge

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi all.
How do My readings look? My goal is set between 4 and 8.

Looking good @Emmotha! The devil really is in the detail, so download those numbers to your PC when you have time and have a look - it's quite shocking what you see then! Like my 15.8 peak for a tiny sandwich the other day - won't be doing that again! In the past if I'd done that I'd have seen a 9 something at 2 hours and thought that's a bit too high - but 15.8 in the hidden numbers of the sensor! Shocking!

@supp - apparently there are some areas where the interstitial fluid glucose is a much closer match to the blood glucose than others - hence why this is only currently licensed for the upper arm. It has something to do with the type of skin, but I don't know any more than that. The palm of the hand would apparently be the best location, but somewhat impractical!

Smidge

Emmotha

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks all. I thought as I do sales forecasting for a living id find reading results easy, but if anything I'm so programmed to read graphs in a certain way I have to retrain myself!

Sideburnt

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
My only two questons at this point is whether I can wear a second sensor at the same time as the last day of a first sensor, to elimintae the 24h 'warm up' that seems to happen. I also want to know if I can use two scanners at once so I can keep a spare. I'll probably ring at some point, but if anyone knows the answer to these questions I'd be very grateful.

Okay, I'm going to go ahaead and answer both of my questions as I've just rang customer services. Both NO.

They did say that inaccuracy (extremely low readings) for 3 days is/was unacceptible. If I get this with my second sensor ring them and they'll look into it and issue another sensor. That's good, I don't want to throw money in the bin.

ANyone else surprised at how high their readings are overnight?, mnine creeps up to 9 and stays there for ages before coming back down. I always thought my Dawn Phenomenon worked differently to that and I was genuinely ofsetting the peak of DP with my nighttime basal.

Emmotha

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Okay, I'm going to go ahaead and answer both of my questions as I've just rang customer services. Both NO.

They did say that inaccuracy (extremely low readings) for 3 days is/was unacceptible. If I get this with my second sensor ring them and they'll look into it and issue another sensor. That's good, I don't want to throw money in the bin.

ANyone else surprised at how high their readings are overnight?, mnine creeps up to 9 and stays there for ages before coming back down. I always thought my Dawn Phenomenon worked differently to that and I was genuinely ofsetting the peak of DP with my nighttime basal.

Thanks for the info.
I’m surprised that mine look pretty flat and I’m doubting if it’s accurate. I’m going to give it a few more days.

PaulinaB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Back of upper arm as directed in the instructions they provide :/ Really wanna try inside of arm but I think it's quite a sensitive areqa
I'm using dexcom and I once put the sensor too far back on my arm, so that the tape was actually slightly on the inside of my arm... PAINFUL! I wouldn't recommend! I couldn't move my arm without a painful "pulling" :(

Sideburnt

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks for the info.
I’m surprised that mine look pretty flat and I’m doubting if it’s accurate. I’m going to give it a few more days.

Mine looks unnervingly flat especially on the Sunday, when I sat at 4.2-4.3 for most of the day. My best guess is there's are small peaks and dips happening there between the 15 minute readings that aren't being picked up. However, when I check my readings are actually within .5mmol/l of the Libre, so perhaps I've been lured into a sense of normality with my Accu-check mobile. It's not like that meter is always accurate and probably gives a false sense of fluctuations. I'm probably a bit different too in that I almost definately have an extended honeymoon so I'm getting a little extra help with the ups and downs (but only a tiny amount).

The reps was keen to pass on that the sensors should be accurate within a few hours of insertion. I hope we both hve a better experience with sensor #2. They took down both the serial of my scanner as well as the sensor serial. So we might just have had a bad batch.

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Are any of the Abbott reps actually diabetic? With non-diabetics, it strikes me they may not see quite the same potentially extreme fluctuations in blood scores that we diabetics might see. Secondly, in the early period of them wearing a sensor would they necessarily understand if a reading of x, y or z is normal and usual for them?

And, no matter how many people Abbott have had testing, I reiterate, testers have a knack of almost immediately breaking things, then, subconsciously finding ways of making them work. So, only on implementation will they really drive out the full extent of the issues, and that is why they are being so generous with replacement sensors. Plus, of course, they will wnt the potentially faulty ones back in order to examine them for manufacturer or design frailty. I can't imagine that'll continue forever or some people will be getting their sensors for free!

Sadly, it's not going to work well for everyone. I am really pleased though that things are settling a bit for some people.

I'm observing with interest.

Reactions: 2 people

logindetails

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Neuropathy :-(
Well my 3rd sensor came back to life. I thought it had died Sunday afternoon as all I was getting were sensor error messages and no readings but just after 7.00pm it gave a reading. It looks like it behaved itself overnight where I can see that my glucose levels started to rise at around 5.30am - now that's something I never knew before.
Below is the daily log for Sunday and some of today.

ApjNeLD.jpg

The Libre reminds me of my ex (carbs are good for you!) DSN who was happy if my sugars were high and got quite stroppy if they were low - I got rid of her pretty quickly, I hope I don't have to do the same with the Libre. It's still scanning at over 2.0 mmol less than a finger prick which is not acceptable but I'll give it another day to come into line before getting in touch with Abbott again.

Below is a screen shot of the exported data for the last two nights - I have deleted manual scan data for readability - 2nd column is sensor data, 3rd is BG readings - see the rise at around 5.30am on Sunday morning:

1vY7M4K.jpg

Emmotha

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Well my 3rd sensor came back to life. I thought it had died Sunday afternoon as all I was getting were sensor error messages and no readings but just after 7.00pm it gave a reading. It looks like it behaved itself overnight where I can see that my glucose levels started to rise at around 5.30am - now that's something I never knew before.
Below is the daily log for Sunday and some of today.

ApjNeLD.jpg

The Libre reminds me of my ex (carbs are good for you!) DSN who was happy if my sugars were high and got quite stroppy if they were low - I got rid of her pretty quickly, I hope I don't have to do the same with the Libre. It's still scanning at over 2.0 mmol less than a finger prick which is not acceptable but I'll give it another day to come into line before getting in touch with Abbott again.

Below is a screen shot of the exported data for the last two nights - I have deleted manual scan data for readability - 2nd column is sensor data, 3rd is BG readings - see the rise at around 5.30am on Sunday morning:

1vY7M4K.jpg
Do you believe the 2.2s overnight that it was perfectly flat?