Freestyle Libre Poll - Have you had a skin reaction ?

Freestyle Libre - Have you had a skin reaction ?

• Total voters

tirstyy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I have been using Libre 1 sensors and went through 22 of them all fine. I decided I should upgrade to Libre 2.

My first Libre 2 started itching after about 2 hours of application and I put up with it for the life of the sensor. It was covered with a patch to keep it from coming off. I removed the patch this morning and my skin came off with the sensor. If you have ever seen a "Cookie cutter shark bite" - It looks like that....

It *COULD* be coincidental that NONE of the Libre 1's caused any sort of reaction and it was just coincidental that the first Libre 2 caused such profound irritation, but Occams suggests otherwise.

I'm going to try another Libre 2 on my other arm and, if I get the same outcome, I will try to revert to Libre 1's - JUST IN CASE there is a formula/application/packaging/storage/whatever change that is causing this.
This has happened to me! I used the Libre 1 for 3 years with no issues at all. I have been moved over the Libre 2 and have used 3 sensors, each of them destroying/lifting my skin. I put the first one down to warm weather, then the second was from the same batch, so I thought it was a batch issue. The third sensor did the same and I then realised it was the Libre 2 that was the issue! I have contacted abbot and they said that there is no difference between the Libre 1 and 2's adhesive and they can't help me :facepalm:

• Hug
Reactions: EllieM

secco

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I am 61 years old and have had T1 diabetes for 51 years controlled reasonably well with 2 injections a day, I think the Libre 2 sensors are brilliant however I fitted 1 a week ago and this lead to pain after 3 days I pulled it off expecting some relief but no 2 days ago I saw a doctor who said that I had cellulitis and was prescribed antibiotics and paracetamol but my arm is still red, stolen and painful, I hope I feel better soon.

• Hug
Reactions: Antje77