Freestyle Libre Problems

Beth220693

Hi guys,

I was just wondering whether anyone else was having problems with the libre in the heat.

I usually have a bit of rock tape over the top to keep it in place but with the warm weather it’s making me come out in a massive rash and it’s super sore. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to keep it less sore? Much appreciated - B

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Hello @Beth220693 and welcome to the forum :)
I am lucky with the Libre as it sticks to me like a limpet, it is a pain in the rump to remove after 2 weeks!
I have seen people mention Skin Tac on this forum? I am sure someone will be along shortly to give a bit better advise than myself and my sticky skin :)

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
I would suggest using Cavlon on the skin before applying, it acts as a barrier. I am the same as @porl69 as mine stick like superglue and stay on easily until they need to be removed.

Before you apply the sensor to the skin, make sure that your skin is dry after using the sterile wipe as this can affect the stickiness if not dried beforehand.

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
One thing I found when using the libre was that tape over the top of the libre sensor itself caused me issues. From what I understand, it forces more contact with the adhesive that's used to hold the sensor pack to the underlying adhesive pad with the skin, and some people react to this. If you use Grifgrips or similar with a hole in, it seems to alleviate this issue.

techdiabetic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Spiders
I brought these amazing sticking covers from ebay 40 for £8 there are fantastic!
20210601_195517.jpg