Freestyle Libre Sensor 2 app- Shut down

gk19

Hi there!
I am 24 year old diabetic, living with type 1 for 9 years in the UK
Today i realised my Freestyle Libre 2 sensor app would not work, kept showing me a blank screen.
Spent hours on hold to ABBOTT who have let me know they’ve had an issue with their update, and that they don’t know when it will be up and running again.
On the Apple App Store, it says it is unavailable in my country.
Luckily I have the trusty finger pricker to hand so will use that for the time being.
Was wondering if other people were experiencing the same thing as it’s causing me a lot of anxiety not knowing when it will be up and running again!!

Reactions: briony1

Ann48

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi, I’ve got the same issue, blank screen today, I’ve spoken to helpline and they just said there’s a problem and don’t know when it will be resolved. I’ve got the Reader 2 so have put new sensor on and using the reader. Hope they resolve it quickly.

Tina126

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi there!
Today i realised my Freestyle Libre 2 sensor app would not work, kept showing me a blank screen.
Spent hours on hold to ABBOTT who have let me know they’ve had an issue with their update, and that they don’t know when it will be up and running again.
Luckily I have the trusty finger pricker to hand so will use that for the time being.
Was wondering if other people were experiencing the same thing as it’s causing me a lot of anxiety not knowing when it will be up and running again!!
Hi, I’ve just experienced the same thing today, I tried to get through to Abbott but no success, I’ll try again tomorrow but I’m also quite anxious but now having to look out the reader which I’ve never actually used. I’ll keep you updated

0range5

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
There are some other apps available that work really well like Shuggah - this seems to turn the Mk2 sensor into a continuous reader, so even better

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi there!
hi , having same issue today have just called and app has been removed for time being as there is a fault , im being told they have done an update so that you no longer need to scan. They have no idea when ut will be live again

Reactions: DivaDawn
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
My boyfriend woke up this morning to find his app not working, blank screen. Deleted the app to re-install it and it's not even available at the Apple Store. he has gone back to finger prick testing but does anyone know when this or if this will be resolved. His doctor's surgery have been informed but they can only do so much...

Alan_n_Pam

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
We have 2 iphones with the app and the one which applied the ios 16.5.1(c) upgrade now has this blank screen issue but the other phone not updated still works ok.... so is the issue linked to the upgrade?

Tina126

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
There are some other apps available that work really well like Shuggah - this seems to turn the Mk2 sensor into a continuous reader, so even better
Thank you! I’ve just downloaded Shuggah and it’s working perfectly with my sensor, so thank you. I’m currently trying to get through to Abbot, already been an hour.

Reactions: Chris_foxall

Chris_foxall

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
My boyfriend woke up this morning to find his app not working, blank screen. Deleted the app to re-install it and it's not even available at the Apple Store. he has gone back to finger prick testing but does anyone know when this or if this will be resolved. His doctor's surgery have been informed but they can only do so much...
Had the exact same issue this morning. Worked fine first thing but straight after updating the app a blank screen. I have however downloaded the Shuggah app which seems to be working fine with the sensor for now until Abbot get their own app sorted. Will be using the Shuggah app and finger pricking for the time being.

Chris_foxall

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
We have 2 iphones with the app and the one which applied the ios 16.5.1(c) upgrade now has this blank screen issue but the other phone not updated still works ok.... so is the issue linked to the upgrade?
Definitely the app update. My was working fine and then not working after the update. Downloaded the Shuggah App instead which seems to be working fine for now.

B’s slave

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
hi , having same issue today have just called and app has been removed for time being as there is a fault , im being told they have done an update so that you no longer need to scan. They have no idea when ut will be live again
Had the same problem. Solved by reinstalling app. Got to App StorE, apps, click on your picture top right,purchased, select app to reload.
it worked for us.

KMGIB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi there!
Hi

i have had the same issue today in that the app screen was blank. I spent circa three hours trying to get through to Abbott however when i finally got through ( a few minutes ago) I was told the system was back on line and I was instructed on how to uninstall the app and reinstall it and i now have it working, all of my previous data has been lost though.

Phil-LV426

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi everyone,
Thanks for the info given on this problem. I've been trying to get through to Abbott Labs all morning and eventually gave up!! They make an excellent product, but their after sales service is at best woeful and at worst non existent in my humble opinion. The very least that they should have done would have been to email everyone using the Libre 2 sensor app, but it appears that was too much trouble for them.:confused:

The Shuggah app however appears to be a great stand in, and I'm using that now while Abbott Labs get their act together!!

sfrra31

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi there!
Thanks for this post - I found the same thing this morning and have been trying to contact Freestyle / Abbott for hours, but no response yet.
Glad to know I'm not the only one experiencing this, but extremely frustrating they have caused a critical failure of the app and system.

DavidBone54

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Wow found the answer to my query straight away! Blank screen on my freestyle libre 2 app. Customer services at Abbotts rubbish. They say help 24/7 but don't answer the phone or respond to emails. I have just joined this group and its saved me a lot of time wondering who could help me so thanks.

Reactions: GuidingSenses

sfrra31

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
The app appears to be working again. I finally got through to the support - the solution for iOS users is as follows:
- If you have NOT already deleted the app, go to iPhone Settings -> General -> iPhone Storage -> Search for 'LibreLink App' -> Delete App
- Go to App Store -> Profile Icon (top right corner) -> Purchased -> My Purchases -> Search for 'LibreLink' -> click on cloud icon to download again

The app should load correctly now but you will need to sign back into it with login details

cat_s_28

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
The app appears to be working again. I finally got through to the support - the solution for iOS users is as follows:
- If you have NOT already deleted the app, go to iPhone Settings -> General -> iPhone Storage -> Search for 'LibreLink App' -> Delete App
- Go to App Store -> Profile Icon (top right corner) -> Purchased -> My Purchases -> Search for 'LibreLink' -> click on cloud icon to download again

The app should load correctly now but you will need to sign back into it with login details
Thanks so much. Worked a treat. Was worried about driving haha technology eh

Reactions: sfrra31

DivaDawn

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

Thank you so much for this post ! - I've been on hold to Abbot for 2 hours and not been able to get through. I've followed your instructions and i'm back up and running again. I've lost all of my data though it seems !

DivaDawn

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

Thank you so much for your post - i've been struggling with this all day and on the phone to abbot for 2 hours on hold. This worked perfectly!