1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Freestyle libre sensor issues

Discussion in 'Insulin Pump Forum' started by steveo4, Feb 19, 2020.

1. steveo4

steveo4 · Well-Known Member

I'm having major issues with the current sensor I'm using. I scanned earlier just before lunch and it read 7.2 with the arrow level. I knew this had to be wrong as I felt really low. When I did a finger prick test it was 3.3. That is a major difference in readings. I know that the sensor readings are 15 minutes behind the actual finger prick reading but even so it should not be this far out. Has anybody else noticed a big difference in their readings. I phoned the helpline and they're going to replace the sensor.

2. Rokaab

Rokaab Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Sometimes they do just fail, like anything electronic, I haven't had many fail in the 3 years I've been using them though.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Tonto73

Tonto73 · Member

Libre is a good thing but I’m finding Dexcom better. Libre 2 has been announced almost 9 months ago and still not shipping in the UK. I too found the results way out of what with BGM sometimes when I’m Libre. Dexcom seems more consistent (allowing for the 20 min lag between blood and interstitial)

4. Canuck3618

Canuck3618 Type 2 · Newbie

Did it occur to you to check the Libre measurement 15 minutes after the prick test? That should have been done before your filed your complaint. BG levels can change significantly in 15 minutes. That's why in a low blood sugar situation you take 15 grams of juice and CHECK YOUR BG LEVEL AGAIN IN 15 MINUTES.

• Like Like x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook