Freestyle Libre sensor unavailable

KK123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I am on day 2 of a carb counting course and the two ladies running it said today that most supplies come from Belgium over to a depot in Watford and that the depot had recently been flooded/damaged so more supplies had to be ordered.

Jc3131

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I've had the libre now for nearly 2 weeks, I put my prescription in straight away and it's not going to be available until around the 30th Jan.

After trawling around local pharmacies without any luck it looks like im back to multiple finger pricking again.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
It must be getting bad.
Spoke to a T1 chemist a good week or so ago? (On my quest.) at our local & was given 2 to 3 weeks...
(Her's is prescribed.)
Went in there yesterday to collect a script for my wife. We chatted. (More like an additional fortnight.?) like me she ended up purchasing online.
Her's arrived by post from Abbott the next day.

Still I got to flash me Miaomiao. She'd never heard of or seen one before...

Peter03

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
We had a problem with libre sensers about 2 years ago in France because of demand, luckily I had 2 pharmacies to go to so they were both trying to get me them so I never actually run out but it was a close thing, things soon got back to normal, so hopefully the UK will soon be back to normal, I did not know the were made in Belgium.

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
, I did not know the were made in Belgium.

I know they are also made in England and also N.Ireland (I think), I read somewhere that a UK warehouse where NHS stock is stored was flood damaged (probably further up this thread! LOL o_O )

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Just picked two up from the pharmacy in Sainsbury’s so happy about that. Not happy that my online request for more Levemir morphed into a box of accuchek mobile sensors though, I’ll have to ring the docs, see the pharmacist etc etc now. The sensors, though, are good for the next time the MiaoMiao people are fiddling with the site, and for any problems over Chinese New Year

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I get my sensors through friends and family (a family member works for Abbotts) and I've just called to order some more....they haven't got any stock until next week.........that says a lot! :***:

Peppergirl

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I order on prescription in Boots each month and still waiting three weeks on. Normally these arrive quickly, so I panicked on Saturday and ordered two direct with Abbott and they arrived today...

Copernicus

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I order on prescription in Boots each month and still waiting three weeks on. Normally these arrive quickly, so I panicked on Saturday and ordered two direct with Abbott and they arrived today...
Seems a bit odd shall we say, that if on prescription the wait is 3 weeks, but if ordered direct it is 3 days. ! Money talks it seems.

Reactions: TraceyT

Peppergirl

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Seems a bit odd shall we say, that if on prescription the wait is 3 weeks, but if ordered direct it is 3 days. ! Money talks it seems.
I know, I didn't even get an email from Abbott confirming they were on their way, just turned up.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

I find it strange that Abbott can supply a private customer order pretty sharp too.

But let's be honest here. They don't do all this for the "love." ;)

Though I feel they will have some questions to answer from the NHS.. (If the discussion is not happening already?)

enzina

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pain, being dependent, egoistic people & jealousy
I just saw this thread a few hours ago and remembered i need to order (prescription) new sensors. Well, the chemist just called me and told me there's a wait for at least three weeks. :(

fairylights

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
my prescription has been in for more than a week, they told me they would get them this week, then today said at least three weeks, my last sensor runs out on Monday sigh

Peter03

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I am away on holiday at the moment and will not be back for another month, so I hope the problem does not cover France aswell or I shall run out shortly after I return, but best not to worry now, I do hope all of you in the UK get your sensers soon

smc4761

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Just spoke with my chemists where i have never have a problem getting the Libre, but on this occasion they do not have them, They had no idea when they would be getting them. They were not aware of any issues with warehouse supplies

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
On the Facebook site it mentions to try independent chemists (if you can find one) apparently they order direct from Abbott and get them quicker than the chains who order from their suppliers.

agwagw

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Clearly a problem. I am lucky to have Libre via the NHS (after 2 years buying them direct). Told 3 days ago that my prescription (submitted 12 days ago) would not be fulfilled for at least 3 weeks due to a national shortage..

I have ordered a pack directly from Abbott, but no indication of delivery time.

Have asked for a prescription for finger prick sticks. Thought I'd left that poor system behind.. sigh...

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Just managed to order some sensors via Friends&Family so hopefully just a few days without a sensor!