Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
Is this your first sensor Diakat?

With standard meter accuracy levels your finger prick blood tests are pretty much in line.

As I indicated above, for me the trending is more useful than the indicated blood glucose level on the Libre. You know whether your on the way up or the way down and can make an adjustment by way of a few carbs or a unit of insulin before you get to the 'HI' or 'LO' readings.
Hi @urbanracer
Nope, it's my 5th. I always get some readings that are way out and then some that are really close when in the middle. I think the real issue is in my head - which test to believe? A 15 needs action , a 9 an hour after breakfast is ok...

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
forum bugs
This, unfortunately, is why I've given up the libre and gone back to normal blood testing for now... I'd also believe a blood testing meter over the libre.

Reactions: dbr10 and Diakat

TonyBlue

Hi - well into my 4th day and to be fair I am not using the sensor for bg readings as such but the trends and the graphs are very interesting. The sensor has settled now and are close to my actual meter readings but not close enough for me to manage my day to day bg.
Still positive about the experience but have already decided I'm not going to use the sensor every month just possibly for holidays or maybe when I'm ill (hopefully not too often).
It's a great concept but still way off where I personally would like to see it.

Reactions: EllieM and dbr10

EdwinB66

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I went onto the Freestyle Libre only two days ago but already I have found benefits. It provides a great level of detail about how your glucose levels are rising and falling which gives good insights and helps with planning. The ability to scan many times a day is great, it’s so much more convenient.

My understanding is that many NHS trusts in different counties have not approved use of the libre on prescription, and that is true of Hertfordshire I believe as I cannot have this on NHS myself. I guess they are still working out who needs this device (e.g someone will low warning signs that has hypos) and the cost/benefits v test strips.

The sensors are expensive at over £55 each every two weeks, if you are paying yourself. Also, it’s frustrating for me as a Mac user that there is no driver software and no Apple iPhone app either (windows and android phones only)

All said, you may be able to get a free starter pack which comes with one sensor. If so, I recommend using it for 14 days and see how it works out for you.

Hi, I have just started my 4th sensor. Some skin irritation and will have to see how this develops but otherwise very happy with the Libre. I share your frustration about the lack of iOS app. The freestyle reader only keeps data for a max of three months and I would like to keep it longer and preferably store my glucose readings in Apple Health where I also keep other health related info. Had some time over x-mas and created an iOS app that converts the .txt file (exported from the Freestyle Libre software) into Apple Health. It transfers the glucose samples and, if you have entered these in your Libre reader, also the insulin data and the carbs info. Works fine for me but need some people to test it before I put it in the App store (to recover the 99US$ I need to pay to Apple :)) so if you are interested let em know.

vic hill

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
today have bought one sensor from ASDA PHARMACY £44-00 Just show a prescrition or some form to say you are a
diabetic for VAT to be costed at nil
suffolk vic insulin type