FreeStyle Libre

chrsig

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hello,
I recently installed the FreeStyle Libre app on my iPhone. Does anyone know how to stop the "beep" when your phone finds the sensor and provides a measurement? I have silenced all the possible notifications I can find in the standard iPhone settings but this does not help.
It is not so convenient when trying to quietly check my blood sugar in a business meeting.
Many thanks

Boo1979

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My libre reader beeps when it finds the sensor and there is asetting within it to turn off sounds - the setting that needs adjustment to turn off your beep may be buried somewhere within the app rather than your phone settings?

Last edited:

sninge

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hello,
I recently installed the FreeStyle Libre app on my iPhone. Does anyone know how to stop the "beep" when your phone finds the sensor and provides a measurement? I have silenced all the possible notifications I can find in the standard iPhone settings but this does not help.
It is not so convenient when trying to quietly check my blood sugar in a business meeting.
Many thanks

sninge

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
My libre reader beeps when it finds the sensor and there is asetting within it to turn off sounds - the setting that needs adjustment to turn off your beep may be buried somewhere within the app rather than your phone settings?
Hi
I have the new app on my samsung phone and had the same problem even having the settings set to just vibrate, then i discovered if i scanned with the app open it is silent. If i scan from my phones home screen it bleeps first! Hope this helps.

chrsig

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Thank you. I should have said that I also have the standard reader and cannot find the same sound controls in the iPhone app.
Interesting comment regarding the Samsung phone - I cannot scan without the app open on the iPhone (or at least I don't know how to...)

barrym

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
AFAIK the first beep is NFC confirmation. That is controlled by the os, nothing to do with the app. On android you can suppress it and get just a vibrate. Pull down the top tray and tap the circle with a diagonal bar.

HTH