freestyle mini readings

coreservers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi there.
I use a freestyle mini to test my BG levels, usually 1.5 to 2 hours after eating. Last night after eating a good healthy balanced meal I tested and it came up 23.7!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was panicking. but retested a couple of minutes later to find in was in fact 9.7.
Can anyone or has anyone had similar with this meter. I've emailed the manufacturer, as this is a serious error? unless I did something wrong.

eddiemac

HI there.

Could be a number of things

1. Possibly something sweet hand got onto the testing area
2. Bad meter reading (which can happen)

If it is ever high retest is the only way of double checking!

Eddie

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
I have a Freestyle Mini and it went bonkers when the batteries were running out.

eddiemac

hanadr said:
I have a Freestyle Mini and it went bonkers when the batteries were running out.

Pain in the bum when the battery dies. I try not to use the light on it cos it runs the battery dead in no time.

tulip87

I also had this problem a couple of weeks ago - I had a fasting reading of 17 and freaked out as it was nothing like my other fasting readings. Went to the diabetic clinic at the hospital where I am based in a panic, they did comparisons and found the freestyle was giving readings 7-8 higher than her machine... Now I use a OneTouch Ultra. Can you change meters perhaps?
Fleur