Type 1 Fried egg carbs

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I have to admit I get rather confused with your numbers but I'm sure you donwith mine as well

Especially cup measurements (normally associated with bras in this country!) That is the most confusing and illogical way of measuring food ever! No offence intended of course. ;)

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Especially cup measurements (normally associated with bras in this country!) That is the most confusing and illogical way of measuring food ever! No offence intended of course. ;)
Hahahahaha. And I thought CHO was cholesterol!

What does 120, 140&180 convert to in my lingo

Most health gurus recommend staying under 120 most hours of the day
140 is where it is said organ damage occurs
180 is where all our diabetic nurses, dietitians, associations say to stay under.
I guess they only want me to have one leg, one kidney and half my eyesite!

I agree cup measurement is ridiculous. I only used measuring cups for when I baked but finally went to oz/ g

One can lightly pack a cup or smash it in as tight as they can. Worthless.
One cup chunked avocado. Really? How Big are the chunks? How much air is between the chunks?
USUALLY, but not always if it says a cup it will also include oz or grams in parentheses

Reactions: Bluetit1802

Celsus

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I am slightly worried about some above refer to gluconeogenesis as something taking place when eating e.g. fried eggs. That is simply ******** when you understand the biochemical science going on here. Especially as we hear also how @Lydia13 at the same time enjoy a great slice of toast with it. The gluconeogenesis takes place mainly in the liver and to a lesser extent in the cortex of your kidneys. And this process will only take place if you are in the state of starvation or a prolonged low-carbohydrate diet where there are simply no carbs coming in to fulfil the body need. Also possible though if you do extreme sports, where you burn off all your body glucose with intense exercise and is in the endergonic zone. Your muscle tissue is then ultimately broken down to provide energy to keep going. I cant recall from my studies if you even need the insulin at all for the gluconeogenesis to happen, but happy to go back and check it out if sincere interest.

To summarize: Eggs aren't going to raise your blood sugar in any meaningful way, as 1 big egg contains around just 0.5 g of carb.

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I am slightly worried about some above refer to gluconeogenesis as something taking place when eating e.g. fried eggs. That is simply ******** when you understand the biochemical science going on here. Especially as we hear also how @Lydia13 at the same time enjoy a great slice of toast with it. The gluconeogenesis takes place mainly in the liver and to a lesser extent in the cortex of your kidneys. And this process will only take place if you are in the state of starvation or a prolonged low-carbohydrate diet where there are simply no carbs coming in to fulfil the body need. Also possible though if you do extreme sports, where you burn off all your body glucose with intense exercise and is in the endergonic zone. Your muscle tissue is then ultimately broken down to provide energy to keep going. I cant recall from my studies if you even need the insulin at all for the gluconeogenesis to happen, but happy to go back and check it out if sincere interest.

To summarize: Eggs aren't going to raise your blood sugar in any meaningful way, as 1 big egg contains around just 0.5 g of carb.
Eggs will raise my bs but as you stated I have been vlc for a prolonged period of time. I also believe if enough carbs are in the meal GN won't happen. In that particular meal I'm not sure why eggs were even brought up?

I on the other hand GN like a rock star because my meals have very few carbs. If I just eat protein I'll rise just as fast and high as if it were carbs. But add bread/ toast and I know who to blame for any rise

Will 46

Thanks for that didn't know eggs had carbs, even small amounts, so they are now of the menu
EGGS!! the very best breakfast one can have , very low in carbs ,full of vitamins ,scrambled ,poached ,or just cooked in a small dish , NO fat or butter needed , all cooked in the Microwave , and a small slice of lightly buttered wholemeal toasted , all i can say is that it works for me