Frio and strips/meters

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I have always kept my insulin in a frio in hot weather but wondering if I should keep strips and meters in one too?

More things to put in the bag!!

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I always keep my meter and strips separate and not in a Frio. I worry they'd get damp.

I keep them out of direct sun and put them at the bottom of my bag.

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I always keep my meter and strips separate and not in a Frio. I worry they'd get damp.
Me too but what about humidity? I've never done it before and I've made it this far. Guess I'll just stick with the insulin. Just saved some money! HA

Reactions: azure

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Me too but what about humidity? I've never done it before and I've made it this far. Guess I'll just stick with the insulin. Just saved some money! HA

I don't know about humidity, but I've been to humid places and my meter has been ok. I always keep it in its case and pack it somewhere protected.

I keep my Frio just for insulin when I travel :)

lizdeluz

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Store test strips between +2 and +30 C, says on the tin.
Tin has good seal, but I would still worry about keeping it in a Frio
Don't know about my meter's heat tolerance. I keep it out of the midday sun in a zip bag inside another bag.
I only need to use Frio about once a year, :) but when I do I do. I can't get over Frio! Simple, clever, and it works so well for days to safeguard the insulin.