Frio pouch question

SB.25

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Insulin
hello,

I am going to Rome next week for 4 days.

I have just looked at the weather and the temperatures are varying between 33-37 degrees! I wasn’t expecting it to be that hot!

I currently use Humalog and Absaglar insulin.

Would it be recommended to use one of these pouches for carrying my insulin around during the day when out and about or is it not necessary?

My gut feeling is that I should use the bag as I think I read online insulin can only be stored up to 30 degrees.

But any opinions or advice welcome!

Thanks

Skippy1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
I've used a frio pouch to keep meds cool in Australia and Egypt in temperatures up to 40 degrees - they do work, it's much cooler inside the bag. Word of warning - watch how long you soak the inner pouch for - if you forget, the crystals keep on absorbing and the bag gets so big that it won't fit back in the outer and takes ages to evaporate!!!

hodders

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi
I would advise using a frio wallet. They are very effective and easy to use and don't take up much space in your bag either.
Have a great trip.

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
I agree. The bag works. As aside question on Frios.... mine's nearly 2 years old and doesn't seem to plump up as much. Anyone know when to buy a new one?

Reactions: SB.25
D

Deleted Account

I agree. The bag works. As aside question on Frios.... mine's nearly 2 years old and doesn't seem to plump up as much. Anyone know when to buy a new one?
Two years is not very old to be experiencing problems.
My pouch is 15 years old and I don't have any problems as long as I distribute the crystals before adding the pouch to water,
I would contact Frio if you are having problems.

SB.25

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Insulin
Thank you everyone.... looks like I should get ordering a pouch quickly so that it is here in time for next week!!