Frozen Shoulder

nickyjayne

For the last 4 weeks, I have suffered from a frozen shoulder on my right side.
I have researched this time and time again, and there is a strong link between Diabetes and Frozen Shoulder, but I can not see how there is a link, everywhere i look, it just says we are more at risk from frozen shoulder, but nothing in black and white to say how, what, where and when the problem is linked.
I'am also having a relapse of Fibermyalga, and muscles in my legs are thrown into complete muscle siezure, only relief is taking muscle relaxants, and trying to deal with arthritis in my joints, is bad enough and now having to deal with limited use of my right arm.

Cultivator

Hi, I don't understand the connection either - I think it may be something to do with slower healing in small torn veins, capillaries etc (maybe?) I have had a frozen right shoulder for a couplef years now... people say it often clears up after 2 years,and mine has improved a lot.. wouldn't say it is really better though. I hope other people can help with your question - I'll be watching out for any tips :)

good luck !

A

Anonymous

this is what my consulant told me when he said i had a frozen shoulder.
Muscular and skeletal problems such as yours are virtually universal among people with long-standing, poorly controlled diabetes.
They probably stem from glycosylation of collagen (a protein in tendons).
Collagen fibers normally slide along one another during muscular movement. In glycosylation, they become glued together by glucose. This process can also occur in the skin, which becomes hard and tough (diabetic scleredema).
:roll: