1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Frozen Shoulder

Discussion in 'Other Health Conditions and Diabetes' started by Andy12345, May 23, 2014.

1. Brunneria

Brunneria Other · Moderator
    Staff Member

Don't you just love seeing people getting job satisfaction? :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. Atad heavy

Atad heavy Type 2 · Well-Known Member

It might be worth trying sea weed supplements available at Holland & Barrat (kelp) it’s an old fashioned remedy

3. bmtest

bmtest · Well-Known Member

30 degrees is very limiting and can imagine the pain I watched many operations on youtube on the shoulder its amazing what they remove. Luckily I caught it early I was unable to carry chimney pots down from roof in daily job for some time as mine was dominant hand.

I remember on achieving the box splits using a manual by a russian author and with anything like this it is very important to do a last thing on a night stretch routine before bed it re-calibrates muscle memory.

There is not fast way out of some of these things it's a long game and if it effect your job you need movement back fast and its difficult you have to adapt.

Dupyutrens contracture runs in my family which I have kept at bay for 20 years by similiar methods where family members have operation. I use full body weight on the hand for 100 reps each day i.e place hand on table if its a finger place other hand over lift your body up off the floor as many times as needed to flatten then onto next finge. and the pain is very very intense for 1st few reps but your hand\fingers gets the idea in the end it needs to be flat. Massage after and hear tissue cracking and you have held off till next day.

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook