Fruit drinks. Which one?

JAEC1954

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Times wasters, being judged or criticised
Hi Sorry I can't see your name anywhere so Cannot use it. HSSS. Fruit has it's own natural sugar so is full of carbs. Not everyone needs added sugar in a fruit drink to ward off a hypo. I'm on relatively low amounts of insulin and my diabetic nurse told me that I probably would not need to have the added sugar drinks. That may not be the case for everyone. Fruit shoots work fine for me and put levels up very quickly. So therefore, if I don't need the added sugar, I certainly don't need the added sweeteners. Hence my question.
I had a hypo a week ago, I was advised by diabetic team to drink pure orange juice with no ‘bits’ in it, it had to be smooth and pure. Although. You have to follow up with a sandwich. It depends how low your bs is, I was 3.9 and very shaking and sweaty. Hope this helps

JAEC1954

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Times wasters, being judged or criticised
I had a hypo a week ago, I was advised by diabetic team to drink pure orange juice with no ‘bits’ in it, it had to be smooth and pure. Although. You have to follow up with a sandwich. It depends how low your bs is, I was 3.9 and very shaking and sweaty. Hope this helps

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
How about having a small bottle of water with a number of teaspoons of sugar or glucose in it for hypo treatment? If it is too sickly sweet then maybe a little sugar free squash would help with the taste. If not used then it is easy enough to dump and refill for next times.
Does it have to be a fluid? Wouldn't some dextrose tablets or sweets with sugar in be more convenient?

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I like to go walking and find that this can often cause my glucose levels to go too low. I therefore now carry a fruit drink of some description. As well as the glucose tabs that I always have on me.
My question is about types of fruit drink. I'm looking for something smallish and I also carry plain water, so don't want too many large bottles to carry. Also something that isn't going to leak and also something that doesn't have any sugar or sweeteners in it. Only fruit. Some drinks don't last once they are opened, so that can lead to a lot of wastage. I was thinking of a long lasting concentrate maybe, or a powdered option. I have fruit shoots at the moment but not happy about the sweeteners in them. I don't have the time to make smoothies from scratch either. Besides I can't drink it before it goes off anyway. All suggestions welcome. What do other people do?
Option 1 - blend a small apple [any royal / gala apple] + 2 / 5 sultanas / raisins with water [250 / 300 ml or more] and carry it in a bottle during walks.
Option 2 - 1/2 scoop of whey protein in water and blend it [addition of banana is optional].
Homemade will always beat the industry made. Let know if this helps.