fruits

bedshaped2000

can anyone help me im getting myself into a right tis. ive been type 2 now for 9-10 months now and i have lost 6 stone and so far 14 inches off my waist. thats a 48 inch waist down to a 34 inch and from 20 stone to 14. i made the low carb connection about 5 months after being diagnosed and my hb1ac has gone from 8.9 to 6.0, the problem is ive been low carbing, not strict but moderate but i cant work out the fruit. i can tolerate most normal fruits apart from banana and pineapple. although after testing blood sugars seem to be untouched should i be watching the carbs in the actual fruit. seems funny that i can have a cheese omlette mushrooms 85% pork sausage 1g of carb etc etc and the apple has more. should i cut these down to cut the carb or carry on what im doing. obvioulsy the carbs for they day arent to much or the weight loss wouldnt of been as drastic. a normal day for me is as follows(i work nights so times of meals are all reversed)
wake up around 11.00
walk for 1.20mis
dinner around 1.00pm normally meat and veg with what i no i can tolerate 100g of potato

4.00pm apple

6.30pm lizizs granola 1/3 skimmed milk and strawberrys

9.00pm 50g of mixed pumpkin seeds, almonds. sunflower seeds and walnuts

11.30 pm salad either with chicken, tuna, cheese, and 40g of cooked pasta = 12g of carb

2.00am another fruit or 2 squares of 95%dark chocolate or 25g of plain crisps
does this seem ok. every day is more or less the same . all drinks between are normally black coffee tea or coke zero. this stays much the same for the whole week. what im asking is should i cut the fruit or add it

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
If your meter tells you that you can eat it then eat it! :D I can tolerate quite a bit of fruit and you get a lot of nutrients from the fruit which does you good.

bedshaped2000

so its ok then im turning into a complete worry guts lol. last week i had morning readings of 4.7 and 4.9 but now they are 5.4 - 5.9 .any reason for this, are these a reflection of my hb1ac or the day before. . i find myself getting so paranoid i have been known to use 25 strips in 2 days testing everything even when i know the foods are safe just so i no im running on right numbers with very sore fingers . im so petrified of the insulin word as my hgv license gets taken if i have to go down that rd.

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Relax !! you are doing really well on your diet. Just test when it is something different you are eating. Sore fingers are not good.
Even if you had to go on medication it would be Metformin first which,not being a hypo inducing drug, would not affect your licence.

bedshaped2000

thanks sue i just need reasurance i think. the diet alone for me has been life changing its just the thought that once i hit my ideal weight do i sit back and wait for the dredded insulin to turn up. ive added you as a friend btw as you have helped me quite a bit in the last 10 months. its like although ive tried and tested food i still have to test to set my mind at ease. then when the reading is completley different to what i expected i start piking things to bits and changing things. silly things like forgetting to wash ur hands when you test giving false reading etc . although i test regular its like i dont trust it.

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Why would you think that you may need insulin when you get to your ideal weight ? Once your weight is down then you will have reduced your own body's insulin resistance and should be getting even better numbers as long as you watch your carb intake.

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
If you keep good control there is no reason you will deteriorate.
Or do you mean bad spelling is a progressive disease? I have that already !! :lol: :lol: