Funding..

Maco

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hey everyone,

I know there is a forum specifically for Insulin pump questions but it seems very quiet over there so thought id post my question here.

Im due to start pump therapy on the 7th of January on the Medtronic 780G. Im quite active & usually go the gym 6 days a week as a minimum. I was previously using a pump when I was 14/15 (26 now) & from what I can remember they aren't exactly the best things to have in your pocket when working out. Ive seen that Medtronic do a waist belt that your pump sits in and its something I want to try especially for when I'm at the gym.

So basically my question is, when your funding is set up to order supplies from Medtronic could I order one of the belts with the funding? Not particularly bothered if I've got to pay for one just if I do ill order it now so its ready for when my pump arrives.

Thanks in advance.

Rokaab

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I didn't realise Medtronic even did a belt, I didn't find one when I was looking a few months ago (haven't checked since), but I know I had to pay for the silicon case I bought for mine from medtronic and it was not funded.

Edir: just looked and yes I see a belt now, but yeah I'd have to pay for it

Maco

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I didn't realise Medtronic even did a belt, I didn't find one when I was looking a few months ago (haven't checked since), but I know I had to pay for the silicon case I bought for mine from medtronic and it was not funded.

Edir: just looked and yes I see a belt now, but yeah I'd have to pay for it

Hey,

thanks for the reply. Looks like you’ve solved my problems, thanks.

sleepster

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Yeah, any extras you'll have to pay for yourself. You just get a belt clip with the pump. Make sure you fill the VAT exemption form in so you don't have to pay it, I think Medtronic emailed me asking me to fill in the form when I ordered screen protectors :)