FUNDRAISING

RebeccaSmith

I want to do something to help diabetic people. When I was diagnosed, I guess I was depressed for a little while. I went to the doctors for help, and was basically turned away because there was a year long waiting list to see the psychiatrist. I think getting diagnosed with diabetes is a massive thing, especially when you're so young, the challange of facing the whole life ahead worrying about potential life threatening complications and still trying to live a normal kids life is difficult, and it must be an extremely hard thing.
I'd like to be able to improve a service like this and perhaps raise some money for it, but I have no idea how to start...
The only idea i've had so far is to visit my previous secondary school and give an assembly on diabetes while they are on a paid non-school uniform day for the cause.
Are there specific diabetic psychiatrists, or would it be a general one within the NHS that money would be donated to?

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
You can join Diabetes UK and while I don't like their dietary advice, I aknowledge that they do valuable work in other fields[ and they are looking again at diet 8) ]
I am a member and do quite a bit of work.
Hana