funny feeling in my foot

sallyj123

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
For the past week I have had a really weird feeling in my left foot, it tingles and I am constantly rubbing it, I can,t really explain what the sensation is its not painful just feel odd!!!

could it be diabetes related?

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pasta ice cream and chocolate
For the past week I have had a really weird feeling in my left foot, it tingles and I am constantly rubbing it, I can,t really explain what the sensation is its not painful just feel odd!!!

The only way to find out is to visit your GP, we can not diagnose on the forum :)

Yorksman

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Could be anything. Ask the GP for a referal to the podietary service. They check a few things including the blood flow and sensitivity. In my case, the tingling is a known side effect of a drug I take. I also have to be careful with the shoes I wear thesedays.

jonnoras

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi. I was recently diagnosed with T2 and my left foot (between my 2nd and 3rd toe) began to tingle and now I have lost the feeling in between my toes. Apparently this is a Morton's Nueroma (not serious). I recently had a steroid injection and, although it has helped a bit, the tingling and loss of feeling is still there. Hope this helps.
Cheers J
http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/mortonsneuroma/Pages/Introduction.aspx

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Get something sharpish and poke the tingly area with it. If you can't feel it then see your GP because you are losing sensation. Pins and needles could be the indication of nerve damage. I am not saying that telling your GP can cure it but you should notify him/her.

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi. I was recently diagnosed with T2 and my left foot (between my 2nd and 3rd toe) began to tingle and now I have lost the feeling in between my toes. Apparently this is a Morton's Nueroma (not serious). I recently had a steroid injection and, although it has helped a bit, the tingling and loss of feeling is still there. Hope this helps.
Cheers J
http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/mortonsneuroma/Pages/Introduction.aspx

Did you have an MRI to diagnose that? My Podiatrist had a dickie fit when I told her I'd had a MN diagnosed and offered a steroid injection without it.