Gaining weight

Krishen

After I have been diagnosed as type 2 diabetic I lost 15kg weight over two years without any effort. Now I take no fat, no sugar, and no fried food but still started gaining weight by about 5kg over the last six months. I go for a walk of about 20 minutes every day as well. My tummy is getting bigger and bigger need new trousers having disposed off the earlier ones.
Can anyone please help me as I am worried? Thank you very much for help

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
It sometimes happens that you gain weight as you get control of diabetes. What medication do tyou take?
Some are worse than others. Also it isn't just sugars you need to watch all digestible carbohydrates will affect your weight.
If you post your medicine and diet routine, someone will come along who can give specific hints to help
Hana

Krishen

Many thanks for very supportive response.
I am 78 years old - Vegetarian. All cooking is done using olive oil.
Diet is:-
On getting up drink half lime juice in warm water with pinch of salt followed by tea.
Breakfast Rolled Oats with skimmed milk and Splenda 1 spoon.
Lunch: Vegetables/pulses and whole meal chapattis (2). No butter. Fruit Yougert.
Dinner: Similar as Lunch.
Morning and afternoon tea with skimmed milk and Splenda tablets (may be with one digestive biscuit)
Drink skimmed Milk at night. Sometimes I take Kellogg’s strawberry breakfast bar if feeling hungry or had to take pain killer at night.
Used to eat 3 Prunes at night and 3 Figs in the morning but have since left because of weight gain.
Total liquid intake is above 2 litres a day.
MEDICATION.
TAKE METFORMIN SR 500MG X 2 IN THE MORNING WITH BREAKFAST.
HbA1c has always been below 6 and recently it has gone to 6, 6.1 and 6.3 the latest being 6.1
I suffer from severe osteoarthritis and severe pain causing sleepless nights and very strong pain killers that cause constipation. Drinking lot of water and lime drink seem to help a lot.
I hope this is sufficient information for someone to advice. Help is very much appreciated.